What do you put in your coffee?

Options
I have been in denial about just how bad my coffee creamer was for me. I recently did the math and was MORTIFIED!! So, I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on ways to jazz up my morning coffee. I like vanilla and hazlenut but am open to just about anything, would love to hear your ideas! Thanks.

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    So Delicious Coconut Creamer. It is coconut milk based but doesn't taste like coconut-tastes like half and half.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I put half and half and splenda. My morning coffee is not something I am willing to change just yet. Maybe someday I will be able to go with skim milk, etc but not yet. :noway:
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    I drink it black!
  • thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Typically I drink it black. But when I want something more, I use a Sugar Free Vanilla Caramel. I think it's made by Nestle.
  • BrentGetsFit
    BrentGetsFit Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    I learned to love black coffee when I did the same math, lol. Gotta get the good 100% arabica stuff though. That's how you learn to appreciate good coffee without additives.
  • mcqlove87
    mcqlove87 Posts: 59
    Options
    I use sugar free vanilla creamer and generic truvia, they have all kinds of sugar free or low fat/fat free creamers
  • FemininGuns
    FemininGuns Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I use only regular coffee as flavoured coffee has additives that may contribute to more cals in the coffee (unknowingly!! I only found this out not too long ago... AND flavoured coffee may be a high GI item that can cause cravings - WHO KNEW?!) So, with my coffee tasting coffee, I now only put in stevia to sweeten it a little. I really came to like it that way - the only downside is that I can't enjoy a nice Latté or anything like that anymore :( (just because it now tastes too sweet). But I guess I win with the low cals right?!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Elle_Jamaicangirl81 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Coffeemate Belgian chocolate toffee powdered creamer :bigsmile:

.... i'm sorry, i'm not skimping on my coffee neither... :drinker:

however, with those creamers i find i dont need the sugar to sweeten it cause the creamer is kinda sweet. i even use less than they say to use...
    my coffee after i make is like 50 cals

Thats fine for me
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I was pretty horrified when I saw how many calories were in half and half, but I'm tapering off... went from 2 tbsp to 1, which is not so bad as far as I'm concerned. I use 1 packet of Splenda and often add cinammon.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    My coffee is Green Mountain Hazelnut and I use a international delight single creamer white chocolate mocha (30 calories) and a little splenda.
  • fsugirl26
    fsugirl26 Posts: 207
    Options
    I love coffee, can't live without, but I've learned to just drink it black...it doesn't taste so great at first, but now whenever I try to drink it with cream and sugar it is waaaay to sweet!
  • MamaJilldo
    MamaJilldo Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I allow myself one cup a day with regular yummy creamer and splenda- but I ALWAYS measure my creamer with a measuring spoon and not my eye. Sometimes I have 2 cups, but try to use half the amount of creamer if I feel I really want it.
  • hungrymarathongirl
    hungrymarathongirl Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Use the sugar free or fat free flavoured coffee creamer...its only 25-30 calories a tbsp.

I also use vanilla almond milk and splenda. Sometimes I add cinnamon or almond extract.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I add sugar-free cocoa powder (half a packet) and Coffeemate original fat-free creamer to mine.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    I use Sugar Free French Vanilla by Carnation. It took me 2 mths to switch tho. First I went to Fat Free and did that for several weeks and then it just ended up not being worth it so I slowly changed over to sugar free and now I don't even notice anymore. Its not great but its better than a 300+ calorie cup of coffee(I use a lot of creamer lol). Mine typically is about 100 calories so BIG difference. Its practically a whole meal worth!
  • Bakins929
    Bakins929 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Splenda only.
  • Fleur933
    Fleur933 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    My coffee is about 57 cals. It's toally worth it.

1.tsp agave nectar(sweet....slower burn than sugar)
    1.tsp florida crystals sugar( it's a little bit more raw and tummy)
    1. TBS organic valley half and half (full fat) it's so rich and creamy that's all I need. and they make hazelnut and french vanilla flavors of it now! Seriously yummy!

I also like to add a shake of cinnamon into the coffee grounds when i brew. Adds great flavor :)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I have evolved with my coffee. :-D I used to use the creamers with flavor..I was addicted...then saw how bad they were! I went to skim milk. I'd measure out a cup and divide it up between my multiple cups. LOL. Then I saw there was a lot of sugar in the milk. So now I use half and half. 2tbs in a big mug. That's 40 calories. I'll usually have two of those. I don't mind the 80 calories as I LOVE my coffee, and I workout hard. the half and half hardly has any sugar so I'm sticking with it.
  • cornerofgreystreet
    cornerofgreystreet Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Thnaks for the input everyone! I am really hoping to learn how to enjoy it black or with just a bit of vanilla soymilk. This morning was a tough one, I didn't have any coffee. Before I had three kids mornings without coffee were not nearly as hard! I will check out some of your suggestions.
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    I've always liked a little (flavored) coffee with my (flavored) creamer :)

I "spend" 163 calories every single day on my 3 (20 oz) cups of coffee every day and consider it well spent! I use flavored beans with 1 tablespoon Great Value Chocolate Raspberry creamer plus 2 TBSP fat free half & half in each cup, plus a small squirt of fat free whipped cream in the first 2 cups. Better than Starbucks any day :)

The chocolate raspberry creamer has a VERY strong flavor so I've found that 1 TBSP of that is more than enough for a 20 oz cup....I'd need 2 or 3 TBSP of most other flavors to be comparable.

These 3 cups of coffee are what I look forward to most out of anything I consume during the day and I'm sure that a couple years ago, each cup was probably 150+ calories with the creamer I used to use, so I spend the calories and enjoy them thoroughly!

Hope that helps :)