Looking for people in the same situation !

Options
Hey, My name is Tanya, im 20 years old and live in Leeds in the UK.
I had the implant fitted last year and ever since then ive never felt full and ive piled on the pounds!
just looking for people to chat to to keep me motivated as everytime ive tried to diet before, i have done it alone and failed mierably.
Last time i did quite well, lost afew pounds but i never really saw any difference so i think i just gave up.
Think i just need to have people that are going through the same thing and see if that helps me motivation wise !
Thanks for reading
xx

Replies

• iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    An add a friend is on the way, but you know you are gonna have to explain the "implant fitted" comment, right?
  • mabbett1990
    Options
    oh haha its a contraceptive implant in my arm and one of the side effects is weight gain :(
  • danellajade
    Options
    i know contraception is such a personal choice but maybe you should think about going for a non hormonal option. Im the same, pill, depo, implant, v ring I blow up like a balloon - and become a mega ***** to boot. I now have an IUD, there are two types though I have a copper one, no hormones, lasts 5 years. It does depend on where you are if you can get it though i had mine put in in new zealand think the UK will be similar. the weight dropped off nearly overnight - seriously!!! anyway worth considering..
  • alexisrebecca
    alexisrebecca Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hiya,

Im near by, in Saltaire nr Bradford! I gained 2 stone when I was younger through having the injection booooo!! im on the mini pill at the moment, dont think ive gained through that, more cos im a greedy pig lol

Im here if u wanna chat x
  • mabbett1990
    Options
    Hi Daniella, yeah maybe i should change contreception then. what is this one youve got now?
  • mabbett1990
    Options
    Yeah thats the thing Alexis, ever since ive had this put in ive never ever ever felt full and i can eat soooo much more than i used to be able to. I think its boredom aswel though :/
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Ive noticed that in a lot of girls.... I'd love to motivate you! I'll toss a friend add your way.
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Ive noticed that in a lot of girls.... I'd love to motivate you! I'll toss a friend add your way.