New to MFP

Options
charelaine
charelaine Posts: 712 Member
Hi. I am not really new to MFP, but I am newly serious about it. I am 34 (35 in August), a mother to 3, ages 16, 14, and 12. I am a teacher, and a 2 time survivor of colon cancer. The last round of chemo last year came with steroids to fight nausea, and I gained a LOT of weight. I was 200 pounds when I got serious about watching calories, and I am down to 194 so far.

I am interested in good recipes/meal ideas; learning to make nutritious shakes and smoothies; pros/cons of protein shakes; c25K; 30 day shred.

I currently use the treadmill about 30 minutes a day, and that is all. I would like to learn more about strength training.

Thanks,

Charelaine

Replies

• stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Hi Charelaine! Newly serious is better than new. :)

Props to you for fighting through the curveballs life has thrown at you and taking control.

Best to you!
  • tosha07
    tosha07 Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!
    I just started the 30 day shred, had to take a break b/c i hurt my back moving furniture! But its a great work out!
    Good Luck with your goals feel free to 'add' me for support
  • amberlee2011
    amberlee2011 Posts: 129
    Options
    I bought the 30 day shred and I think I am going to attempt it when I get home today. I’ve read that people get great results from it as far as toning and inches lost, but not really weight loss. People that do it also seem to be doing a cardio work out as well.

I am the same weight as you (started last week at 196) and if you are looking for a buddy feel free to add me.
  • charelaine
    charelaine Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I will add as soon as I figure out how. It would be great to have someone starting at the same point as me. : )