/wave Yarmiah here, new to MFP forums

Options
yarmiah
yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
Howdee folks!
Just wanted to indroduce myself: 42 yr old mom of 2 girls, and happily married 23 yrs.
Have been a yo-yo dieter most of my adult life, and have tried jsut about every diet
out there some with short term success, none with lasting success.

Two years ago, I joined a gym 2 blocks from my work and committed myself to
going 3x a week over my lunch hour. I was eating fairly healthy, tracking my food
but was juggling the same 5lbs up and down for a year. I decided to try working
out with a trainer. My first trainer was great, but did not see much difference. By chance
of fate, I ended up working out with a new trainer and he literally has changed my life.
He was 100% supportive of me, not only training me in the gym, but giving diet advice,
encouragement and even running at my side in my first 5K ever in October of last year.
I went from 181lbs in April of 2010 to 153lbs by October ! Yes, ONE PERSON can make
all the difference. He believed in me, and made me believe in myself!

There is still work to do. While I'm not as focused on what the scale reads, I do
want to see some toning and to get some inches down.

I have been using the MFP on my blackberry and online for the past few months, but am
joining the forums for additional motivation as I have plateaued the past few weeks.
I did try a new tip this week-- tracking my food BEFORE I eat it, to ensure it was within
my caloric limits. Doing only a meal at a time at first, but working my way to planning
the entire day ahead of time. I weigh in tomorrow to see if this is working.

Replies