Complete Today's Entry

Options
Do any of you click on the button, see what you would weigh in 5 weeks, and then start adjusting your food intake for the day so that it goes down more? I've become a crazy woman playing with the darn thing, and I just want to know how reliable that is. Obviously not very, because it changes every day, but after I entered all my food and exercise for today, it said that in 5 weeks I would weigh 152.8...That would be Halloween, and I really wanted to weigh 150 even.

How much stock should I take in the number that they give me? How do you all use this feature? Just as a guide line, or what??

If I'm going to weigh 152 in 5 weeks, I guess reaching 155 by my birthday (10-10...2 weeks) is out...What do you all thinK?

Replies

• NewMK08
    NewMK08 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Do any of you click on the button, see what you would weigh in 5 weeks, and then start adjusting your food intake for the day so that it goes down more? I've become a crazy woman playing with the darn thing, and I just want to know how reliable that is. Obviously not very, because it changes every day, but after I entered all my food and exercise for today, it said that in 5 weeks I would weigh 152.8...That would be Halloween, and I really wanted to weigh 150 even.

How much stock should I take in the number that they give me? How do you all use this feature? Just as a guide line, or what??

If I'm going to weigh 152 in 5 weeks, I guess reaching 155 by my birthday (10-10...2 weeks) is out...What do you all thinK?
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    I don't use it at all. It's just a guide. Your body is so unpredictable and each day is simply NOT going "to be like today." You can eat the exact same foods and do the exact same amount of exercise every day and yet there will be fluctuations in your weight simply because that's how our bodies function, particularly women.

So, I don't even click on it.
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    I think you are supposed to use it as a sort of guideline.... so that on days you overeat, you can see how doing that each day would affect your weight gain, and so that you can see when you stay on track that you will lose weight. And you have to remember that other factors can affect your weight loss/gain other than just what you log here. But I know it's exciting to see what your weight loss would be, and it does make you want to lose even more than it says you possible could!
  • omkranti
    Options
    I totally understand the obsessiveness of it. So I try not to click on it. I do think it's a great guidleine though.
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I agree with shore "...each day is simply NOT going "to be like today."" That's key. But it sure is fun playing around with it. I think it's cool and gets me motivated. To think that you could be at whatever number it says in five weeks is a nice motivation tool for me.
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    I use I as a guidline and for motivation - If I did really good that day it is really nice to see what that kind of effort would be in five weeks ---however I have noticed that when I click it early in the day just for fun it will say some god awful amount of weight loss but we all know if you only eat 200 calories a day for more than a week you will go into the starvation mode and your body won't lose that fast --- BUT

I did start a calendar that I write todays weight and then the five week later weight down in the corner-- I just started it yesterday so I will update in five weeks and let you all know if it was close.

Honestly I don't think it will be because your not going to do the exact same thing everyday.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I haven't ever used it either - but now I know what it will do - I'll have to try it.
  • NewMK08
    Options
    I use I as a guidline and for motivation - If I did really good that day it is really nice to see what that kind of effort would be in five weeks ---however I have noticed that when I click it early in the day just for fun it will say some god awful amount of weight loss but we all know if you only eat 200 calories a day for more than a week you will go into the starvation mode and your body won't lose that fast --- BUT

I did start a calendar that I write todays weight and then the five week later weight down in the corner-- I just started it yesterday so I will update in five weeks and let you all know if it was close.

Honestly I don't think it will be because your not going to do the exact same thing everyday.

On my calendar I write what I weigh every morning...Haven't added the predicted 5 week weight though-It would be interesting to see how close it is!
  • jnb0203
    jnb0203 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    What button, where is it? I'm curious now!!
  • NewMK08
    Options
    What button, where is it? I'm curious now!!

When you go to "My Home" there's a green button in the middle of the page that says "Complete Today's Entry". After you log all your food and exercise for the day you can click it and it will tell you what you "should" weigh in 5 weeks.

Well, middle of the page, to the right :smile:
  • jnb0203
    jnb0203 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Its pretty close....I lost 2.4 pounds last week to be down to 189.8. This is telling me that in 5 weeks I'll be 178.6...if I do the math that's 2.24 pounds per week.

I better step it up!! LOL.. I want to be 180 in less than 3 weeks. EEK. hahaha

Cool tool thanks for sharing MK.