Tracy Anderson Method~

Options
Has anyone ever tried the Tracy Anderson Metamorphosis?? Do you need any weights or equipment and how well does it work? I do Insanity now but was looking to change things up a bit :)

Replies

• Lula16
    Lula16 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    i bought the tracy anderson method, i read the book but have not tried her dvd workouts (my book came with a dvd). i like to mix up my workouts also. i just started doing the jackie warner xtreme timesaver workout and that kicked my butt, literally, i felt my butt muscles sore!!
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I personally LOVE Tracy Anderson's workouts..although I highly recommend you only try them if you are knowledgable about form and already are fit.
    She doesn't give a tonne of instructions but thankfully she's not as annoying as Tony Horton blabbing the whole time.
    I got the Omni Metamorphosis and love it. I started doing TA quite a few months ago..doing the mat workout and her post-pregnancy one (Even though I have never had babies) and they were really great workouts that I added on to my excisting fitness regimen. I noticed small changes doing it only once or twice a week.
    Now that I bought the Metamorphosis...it has been about 48 days that I have been doing it (not the diet though) and the changes are incredible. I have worked out for 15 years now and I have never been able to do the changes that are happening.
    My hip fat and lower back fat has improved dramatically..now I don't care if my jeans go low a little. BUT- I have not really lost weight from it..I don't care either though cause the changes are great.
    Hope this helps.
  • sesefeeney
    sesefeeney Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    i'm just about to start tracy's metamorphosis for the 2nd time!! hehe( as i didnt manage to finish it the first time, i lasted 15 days). you need 3lbs weights and a really good pair of trainers! i'm a huge fan of tracy's and have all her dvds. the metamorphosis is basically an hour workout 6days a week. the cardio is half an hour and its far better than the cardio in the 30 day method, theres colour and music and its fun and then theres the muscular work that changes every 10 days for 90 days. it is HARD work but very addictive. i have a body that bulks easily so i've stayed away from heavy training that can bulk but tracy is amazing!! you can never bulk, you just end up looking as tiny as possible but its soooo hard and theres loads of reps in the muscular structure. at the moment i'm combining her post pregnancy workout, mat workout and perfect design series 1-3. i do a different on every day or try to. i cant do the diet plan though, its just disgusting, thats why i'm on here. but she has helped me lose about 20lbs.
    good luck, you'll love her!!!
  • texastae1010
    texastae1010 Posts: 165
    Options
    I have the the 30 Day Method Book and I have Omni in the Meta series....I am not a big fan of her cardio portion in the book its edited kind of odd to be honest....if you are new to TAM I would suggest starting with Meta because it introduces you into her style of workout....but her book explains more but is very hard core I must say and it is a commitment....

I have a friend who is on her third set in Omni I believe day 25 after she did the 30 day method book at first she thought it was kind of easy but now she feels the burn....and we both agree like I said before she wishes she would have started with omni only because her Book or BC (boot camp) is so extreme if feels like you aren't doing anything....her food plan is a bit odd with Meta...in the book it seems more normal to me but each there own....I am restarting my TAM shortly because I didn't realize that I miss the way that I felt and I am going to have to learn to love her cardio or just keep up with my own even though she does not recommend it
  • ExerciseJunkie
    ExerciseJunkie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Let me start by saying that I like TA's PP & Mat workouts. Not conventional exercises in any way, but interesting & effective. Because I liked these, I purchased her Meta Hipcentric workout, tried it for 30 days, but ultimately sold it. I found it really boring as you spend almost all of the 30 minutes of it on all fours, doing 40 reps of each exercise on each leg. Her cueing is practically nonexistent, so I was craning my neck to try & figure out what she was doing. Once you get what she is doing, you can sail through, but until I learned the routine (which changes every 10 days), her lack of explanation left me frustrated & wondering if I was doing it right. The other 30 minutes you are supposed to do each day on her program consists of her silly dance aerobics. I felt like I was flailing around aimlessly. I was substituting Zumba for this. Let's not even talk about her diet - ridiculous!!
    Lots of people like her & have gotten great results, but this program just wasn't for me.
    Good luck in whatever you decide!
  • Starlage
    Starlage Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    i JUST bought the metamorphosis set off qvc- i love tracy! I've been doing her mat dvd a few times a week for the last month and it helped make some subtle changes (especially in my rear and love handles!!) and make me feel stronger. I feel like her new set is worth the money- it can be a little repetative, but I'm hoping that since you change workouts every 10 days I wnt get bored. I like how she isn't blabbing the whole time like some trainers on dvds do (some people describe this as a lack of instruction) but once you do it a few times you catch on to what she's doing. Yeah you have to keep an eye on the screen, but don't you do that with every dvd?? I know I do- even if I've done it a zillion times. I like her subtle cues. If you've never tried her though go on ebay and get a cheaper deal on her older mat dvd (that's what I started with to try her out)- that should help you decide on whether you like her style or not and want to get the new system. You do need one to three pound weights and a mat but nothing else, just your body!