i'm phenominally ill!!!

Options
and i'm stuck at work, i was up all night with a 102 fever and vomiting all night (guess i don't have to count the calories from what i ate last night) i think i must've been getting sick for a while and thats why i've been so miserable lately. i'm waiting for my assistant to call back to see if he can cover the store for me today, guess if i don't get any relief from the owner on a day like this that will solidify ny decusion to find something new. its kinda disappointing that they have no compassion for someone who has a 102 degree fever and has to run to throw up in between customers. seems like bad business practice to me but maybe my temperature is making me delusional

Replies

• luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    and i'm stuck at work, i was up all night with a 102 fever and vomiting all night (guess i don't have to count the calories from what i ate last night) i think i must've been getting sick for a while and thats why i've been so miserable lately. i'm waiting for my assistant to call back to see if he can cover the store for me today, guess if i don't get any relief from the owner on a day like this that will solidify ny decusion to find something new. its kinda disappointing that they have no compassion for someone who has a 102 degree fever and has to run to throw up in between customers. seems like bad business practice to me but maybe my temperature is making me delusional
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:

O my gosh, honey. You feel better soon!!!!
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    No your boss really has no heart if they don't let you go home -- I am so sorry to hear that you work somewhere that doesn't take illness seriously -- I really hope you get home soon! :happy:
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Maybe you should try a little 'demonstration' to see if they'll take you seriously. Nothing evokes compassion like being puked or coughed on.

I wasn't going to get a flu shot, but both my immediate co-workers are, so I was first in line.

Hope you get better soon.
  • jojo52610
    jojo52610 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Ugh my boss used to send us home he would never allow us to come to work sick like that - not only does he not have a heart to treat you like that

but doesn't really care about his cutomers either - cause - your spreading whatever virus you have to your customers :noway:

feel better!!!
  • dgoodgion
    Options
    What a bummer...

I work in Risk Management and there is no way that I would allow an employee in one of our stores to interact with the public with a fever of any sort (it's a health risk that we simply cannot afford). Which is compounded by the fact that you have been vomiting. Both of which together are a big no-no in when working with the public. Your management/owner should be more concerned about your health than staffing their establishment!

I sure hope that you get some relief!

89374.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • luvchi3
    luvchi3 Posts: 167
    Options
    thankfully my boss is coming down to cover the store so i can go home, too bad he won't be here for like an hour and a half:cry: