Options
13»

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I have no idea about the USA....
    Come on over to Canada =o) hehe

ditto this. I'm never been anyplace more friendly, beautiful, and safe feeling than Southern Ontario. lol, just stay out of Toronto unless you like big cities and smog.:flowerforyou:
  • Gretel
    Gretel Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Well, if you can do it overseas, why not try New Zealand?
    It is relatively safe, has friendly people and is absolutely stunning.
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Nashville, TN!!!
  • Audry
    Audry Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Virginia!

We have all 4 seasons here haha

The other best thing about Kansas is that you can have all 4 seasons in the same day!!! I have woke up and it was snowing and by afternoon you wanted to be in a tanktop & shorts because it had reached over 80 degrees

I don't know many places that can say that!!
  • gonzo1993
    Options
    Richmond, Virginia - convienent to Washington DC, VA Beach, The Blue Ridge Mountains, Historic places like Williamsburg and Jamestown, 2 amusement parks: Busch Gardens and Kings Dominion, great weather. I could go on and on. I just love Virginia!
    Options
    It should all depend on what you are actually looking for when you are doing your internship.

1) Are you looking for low cost housing?

2) If so then your actual pay will be lower also.

3) Are you looking for public transportation?

4) Public transportation you would need to be close to the city that would offer that.

5) What about rooming with someone (roommate)

I live just outside of Dallas Texas and it is a great place to live. It does have low cost housing, public transportation and alot of other things. It is a city that you would never run out of things to do. It is close enough to the ocean ect.. We actually do have snow here and some ice, but it never lasts that long when we do have it.

Best of luck on your decision you make no matter where you finally deceide to go for your internship :happy:
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I grew up in Florida and I have always said that I will not move back there. I live in western NC and I love it here. You definately have to have a car here. I live on a mountain and it is so beautiful. I hardly ever lock my house when I go out although I do lock it at night. The weather here is nice also. We do get some snow but not like blizzards or anything. The summer can get hot but it usually doesnt last the whole summer. I am about 1 hr from TN if that long. The same From GA, Altanta takes about 2 1/2 hours to get to. I do live in a small town so we have a Walmart and some grocery stores along with some local stores. We have the Great Smoky Mtn Railroad here and white water rafting. The leaves are changing colors here right now. And I think it is a great place to raise my kids. We are just a hop skip from Dollywood if you like amusement parks. We actually have a university here. Western Carolina University. Oh and I live in Cullowhee.

Connie