Bad day

Options
I just really need to vent right now & you all are the lucky recipients.

First of all, I should say that i got about 3 hours of sleep last night which is contriubuting to my "near tears" state. Also, I had to drop off food at our church for a funeral lunch, which is always depressing whether you know the family or not.

So I busted my butt yesterday & was incredibly disciplined about my diet. I did 2 rounds of Turbo Jam & a 3 mile walk with my kids. I did the second round of TJ b/c it was such a rough afternoon with my kids, that I wanted to punch, kick & dance the stress out of my system instead of shoveling m&ms into my face like I REALLY wanted to do. I made cookies for the funeral & limited myself to one of them, even though I could have sat & ate them all night while my kids were awake & snotting all over me.

Anyways, I wake up this morning & hop on the scale. Since I started losing weight this time, I've been excited every morning to wake up & see what kind of progress I've made. A moment of serenity in a house of chaos (3 kids 3 & under can be overwhelming). I know I really *shouldn't* weigh myself every day, but it makes keep on course; discipline if you will. So, in what is now my morning tradition, I hop on the scale first thing. As if I'm on The Biggest Loser, my numbers are going up & down & up & down for a few seconds...then it stops...and it shows that I GAINED TWO AND A HALF POUNDS IN ONE DAY!! :noway: WTH?! I've gained weight from day to day before, but really nothing more than a pound, which I can easily attribute to water weight. THIS, however, was heartbreaking. I've been on such a good path this time & this gain took me behind mt 20# loss that I was so excited to see exactly one week ago. *sigh* I just had to get that off my chest. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I just really need to vent right now & you all are the lucky recipients.

First of all, I should say that i got about 3 hours of sleep last night which is contriubuting to my "near tears" state. Also, I had to drop off food at our church for a funeral lunch, which is always depressing whether you know the family or not.

So I busted my butt yesterday & was incredibly disciplined about my diet. I did 2 rounds of Turbo Jam & a 3 mile walk with my kids. I did the second round of TJ b/c it was such a rough afternoon with my kids, that I wanted to punch, kick & dance the stress out of my system instead of shoveling m&ms into my face like I REALLY wanted to do. I made cookies for the funeral & limited myself to one of them, even though I could have sat & ate them all night while my kids were awake & snotting all over me.

Anyways, I wake up this morning & hop on the scale. Since I started losing weight this time, I've been excited every morning to wake up & see what kind of progress I've made. A moment of serenity in a house of chaos (3 kids 3 & under can be overwhelming). I know I really *shouldn't* weigh myself every day, but it makes keep on course; discipline if you will. So, in what is now my morning tradition, I hop on the scale first thing. As if I'm on The Biggest Loser, my numbers are going up & down & up & down for a few seconds...then it stops...and it shows that I GAINED TWO AND A HALF POUNDS IN ONE DAY!! :noway: WTH?! I've gained weight from day to day before, but really nothing more than a pound, which I can easily attribute to water weight. THIS, however, was heartbreaking. I've been on such a good path this time & this gain took me behind mt 20# loss that I was so excited to see exactly one week ago. *sigh* I just had to get that off my chest. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.
  • danarochelle
    danarochelle Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    3babybeans,

Keep your head up! It's the long term goal you're shootin' for ! I've been struggling for a VERY long time with my weight and just keep my eye on the prize~ I bet you will have a loss by tomorrow morning or Sunday morning. Sometimes it just takes a few days for things to kick in.

Anyway......as I tell myself, "What alternative do I have? Go back to not exercising and eating like crap?" Don't think so!

Hang in there!
  • ericarey85
    ericarey85 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    you shouldn't worry about the gain so much, the same thing happened to me this week. i weighed myself 2days ago and i gained 3.5 pounds, today i weighed myself and i was down 4, just take a few deep breaths, relax and repeat. :flowerforyou:
  • andnothinghurt
    Options
    def. dont worry about it...its just weight fluctuations...i can weigh up to 4 lbs heavier depending when i weigh myself...its all on a number of factors...water weight...maybe you need to go to the bathroom...could still have food in your system. so i wouldnt stress. its horrible seeing that number go up for any reason...so when i step on the scale and it says a higher number....i just try to think logically....like..say it takes 3500 extra calories to gain a lb...so if its 2 lbs more ill be like...well i def didnt eat 7000 extra calories...so this isnt true. i mean...it really is impossible to actually gain 2 lbs in a day. just relax and try to think of that.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Maybe I added too much butter to the cookies. :laugh:

Thank you, ladies. Like I said, I think the lack of sleep has added to my irrational way of looking at this. That, and having 4 people in my full size bed during my 3 hours of sleep didn't help anything either. What really got me was the voice in my head saying, "Dang it! I could have had another cookie if I knew I was going to be up anyways!" LOL

Again, thank you. You helped me put it in perspective. Just have to keep chugging along!