Any knife enthusiasts?

Options
2»

Replies

• yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    over the years i have collected Shun knives for the kitchen. but i carry a kershaw.
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I have a Swiss Army knife, but I'm not terribly enthusiastic about it.

P.S. Please don't cut me for my lack of enthusiasm on the knife enthusiast thread.

But, but... they have tiny scissors. That's the tiny knife equivalent of unicorns crapping rainbows.

and that's why i love you, MissOut.
  • jamiesgotagun
    jamiesgotagun Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Not really, but I like guns, does that count?!?!

Can I be your friend?

Of course!!!
  • curtisperk
    curtisperk Posts: 27
    Options
    Not really, but I like guns, does that count?!?!

guns are cool too! (:
  • curtisperk
    Options
    I have a knife that I use to clean my teeth with. and my nails. and my eyes. but also I like my safety scissors. do those count? ;D

of course :D
  • curtisperk
    Options
    I collect Japanese samurai swords - I have a Shimada wakizashi sword from the Muromachi period (15th-16th century). Wakizashi are shorter than the katana, with a blade of about 50 cm. I think they were worn with a katana, and were "backup sword". I have a wooden katana as well that I received as a present in high school, but I coulnd't ship it to the UK so it is still in my mum and dad's old house.

My partner collects machetes for outdoor use; he finds them better for chopping wood than an axe, and easier on the wrist due to weight distribution. We have a few antique numbers we take camping with us.

That does make me sound a tad scary though! Im a very peaceful person, honest!

Lol it seems like all the calm people have all the weapons xD (which is true for all the people I know)
    And I made a mistake by buying a machete at walmart, the blade started to bend when I was working with it.
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Cutco table knives. Anything Cutco really. You can't go wrong!
  • curtisperk
    Options

Nice, carbon steel is really strong, except it rusts easy, which is the only downside for me because I use my knives in all kinds of environments :P