Just Dance for Wii Sweatpoints vs. Calories

Options
I was wondering does anyone else play Just Dance for Wii? I'm trying to make sure I'm logging the calories correctly. From what I understand every "sweatpoint" awarded is about a quarter of a calorie. Does anyone know if that is close to accurate?

Thanks!

Replies

• LButterfly201
    Options
    Hi,

I did Just Dance for the Wii yesterday, and my HRM said that for 9 minutes i burnt 28 cal. if that's any help?

Not too sure about the sweat points, sorry

x
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    I just enter the time under one of the Dance headings in the Cardio section.
  • sharonfincher1
    sharonfincher1 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing, I wish they had a calorie counter like Kinects Dance Central, it only counts the calories and the exercise time while the song is actually on....
  • blacrasberri
    blacrasberri Posts: 102
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing, I wish they had a calorie counter like Kinects Dance Central, it only counts the calories and the exercise time while the song is actually on....

Wow! I have just dance 2 for Wii. I usually wear a HRM to help determine calories and time for the exercise. The points on the game are just that points that pick up your movement.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I dont think 1/4 of the sweat points would work. i get over 300 sweat points in a 3 minute dance so there is no way i could burn 75 calories in that time.
  • mbeltran06
    mbeltran06 Posts: 57
    Options
    I read some where that 10 sweat points= 1 calorie. I found that is almost accurate compared to what MFP gives for under dancing, general for the same amount of time. Hope that helps