Old marine meal, Chicken and brocolli

Options
Ok so I get it I cant spell Brocolli lol, but I will tell you this amazing recipie.

First always take that extra virgin olive oil and drizzle your pan.
Add in some minced garlic and let your garlic and oil mix and simmer.
take one cup of skinnless, boneless chicked breast chopped and let it cook in the oil. (this oil makes the flavor)
Take a cup and a half of broccolli and add it to the chicken. cook it for 10 minutes on medium heat.
Take soy sauce or tyriaki sauce and drizzle into the pan.
Stir it in with the chicken.

Trust me, this aint but about 80 calories for a serving. This meal has about 4 servings. Get lean, stay motovated.

Replies

• chicpower1
    chicpower1 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Okay, so you just gave me the general recipe for the chinese garlic chicken I've been craving! It's on their diet menu, is low cal, and DELICOUS. Making it at home is way better though, and cheaper. Thanks!

Oh, and this is way better than the Army's chicken chicken and chicken they used to feed us. Seriously, it has only been in the last year that I've been able to eat chicken again and I joined in '94. LOL!
  • olsonspring
    olsonspring Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Sounds perfect. I am going to try it. Thanks!
  • crisanderson27
    crisanderson27 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    I make chicken and broccoli just a little differently =D. I use whole salted butter (1-2tbsp), and lightly saute about 1c broccoli florettes...it still has to be fresh...and just barely warm in the center. I filet and season a boneless chicken breast, mostly using McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning (go light on this for sodium consciousness), and Mrs. Dash. Grill the chicken on the George Foreman until it's done. Slice it into strips, and toss it and any collected juices into the broccoli. Stir to mix...then add 1c fresh spinach. You can eat it like this...OR you can do like I do...and take it off the heat and ad 1/4c thick shredded mozzarella (of your choice), along with 1/2oz pine nuts or 1/2oz lightly crushed cashews.

Made with all the ingredients it's about 500cal, 11g carbs, 37g fat (all good fats!), and 50g protein (I'm a big fan of higher calorie, less bulky foods to fill out my calorie goals). Without the nuts it's 434cal, 7g carb, 30g fat, and 47g protein. Without the nuts and cheese it's 364cal, 6g carbs, 24g fat, and 40g protein. It's a VERY filling dish!!

Cris
  • derrickmcgill90
    Options
    very nice, ima have to try that one.
  • curtisperk
    curtisperk Posts: 27
    Options
    sounds delicious! I will be trying this soon.
  • sunyg
    sunyg Posts: 229
    Options
    Sounds super yummy! Thank you for sharing, I'm always looking for new meal ideas.
  • lily1972
    lily1972 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thank you!! Simple and delicious!