Artificial Sweeteners linked to cancer?

Options
2»

Replies

• l3ugjuice
    l3ugjuice Posts: 233
    Options
    Hot showers cause cancer, so you should cease and desist with all personal hygiene immediately.*

Yes, I'm implying a point here....
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Ya, Diet Coke has aspartane in it and supposedly causes brain rot... though my parents, who are Diet Coke addicts, seem to be doing well in their 60's. Many of the 'sugar free' options you see out there have some type of artificial sweeteners like various forms of corn syrup, etc. If you look at Jello pudding, they have a fat free chocolate pudding at 100 cals and a sugar free chocolate pudding at 60 cals. I go w/ the fat free at 100 cals just to be on the 'healthier' side (if you want to call it that). To each his/her own, but you can find that just about everything causes cancer these days. Not be harsh about it, and while I try to have things w/ out artificial sweeteners, I'm not going to eat carrots and apples for the rest of my life.

What the holy hell is "brain rot"?
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Ya, Diet Coke has aspartane in it and supposedly causes brain rot... though my parents, who are Diet Coke addicts, seem to be doing well in their 60's. Many of the 'sugar free' options you see out there have some type of artificial sweeteners like various forms of corn syrup, etc. If you look at Jello pudding, they have a fat free chocolate pudding at 100 cals and a sugar free chocolate pudding at 60 cals. I go w/ the fat free at 100 cals just to be on the 'healthier' side (if you want to call it that). To each his/her own, but you can find that just about everything causes cancer these days. Not be harsh about it, and while I try to have things w/ out artificial sweeteners, I'm not going to eat carrots and apples for the rest of my life.

I'm fairly certain brain rot was what I got in HS history class.
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options

Something caused by reading too many threads about exercise calories and artificial sweeteners.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options

So one could argue that HS ALSO causes "brain rot". *strokes imaginary beard in an intellectual fashion*
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lf89wxB3ja1qe0eclo1_r34_500-1.gif
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options

I know, right?

OMGZ itz the dredded BRANE RAWT!!!! Run for cover!!!
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options

Ha, hell if I know?! Someone explained 'lining the brain', etc earlier in this thread. But brain rot is what people always tell me as I sip on my Diet Coke.

By the way... Fiber One cereal and other Fiber One products use all artificial sweeteners. I'm fairly certain alot of people use Fiber One products to be more... ummm.... regular.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lf89wxB3ja1qe0eclo1_r34_500-1.gif

Laughing so hard my tummy hurts! He actually startled me when he moved! LMAO!!!!!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    On a positive note, if you are infected with brain rot, then zombies don't come after you. They only eat unrotted brains. True story.
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Ive heard from two doctors that say if your going to drink pop, drink regular and stay far away from diet; the chemicals in them r very bad for you, help u gain weight, bloat, and are really unhealthy for you.

So REGULAR soda DOESN'T have chemicals, aren't bad for your, don't make you gain weight or bloat, and aren't really unhealthy for you? Awesome! I'll have a twelve pack!!!!
  • Schwiggity
    Options
    Ive heard from two doctors that say if your going to drink pop, drink regular and stay far away from diet; the chemicals in them r very bad for you, help u gain weight, bloat, and are really unhealthy for you.

So REGULAR soda DOESN'T have chemicals, aren't bad for your, don't make you gain weight or bloat, and aren't really unhealthy for you? Awesome! I'll have a twelve pack!!!!

skxtw8.jpg
  • vibegirl
    vibegirl Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Actually with pretty much every substance natural or synthetic, you will be able to find many 'for and against' articles, science and research claims to prove one way or the other, as well as people's opinions as to their beliefs and how they view these claims.

Bottom line? Opt for less chemicals in general...and if you have something from time to time that is 'artificial' try not to over react. Personally I stay more natural as that is what feels comfortable to me.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Artificial sweetner told me it loved me and would respect me in the morning and then never called:sad:
  • Schwiggity
    Options
    Artificial sweetner told me it loved me and would respect me in the morning and then never called:sad:

Artificial sweetener is denying that my baby is his.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    smiley-scared002.gifsmiley-scared002.gifsmiley-scared002.gifsmiley-scared002.gifsmiley-scared002.gif
  • SiltyPigeon
    SiltyPigeon Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm sweet AND artificial! Please don't eat me.
  • Schwiggity
    Options
    I'm sweet AND artificial! Please don't eat me.

:noway: :laugh:

I have a filthy mind.