Need advice

Options
I work second shift when I get off work all I want to do is eat. Any advice on how to stop this bad habbit?:embarassed:

Replies

• Denise1961
    Denise1961 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I work second shift when I get off work all I want to do is eat. Any advice on how to stop this bad habbit?:embarassed:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    water is a big factor for me, i try to drink 2 litres every day, which was a lot when i started my healthy lifestyle, try to have a glass with each meal, and when you get home in the evening, have a huge glass of water BEFORE you eat anything at all, most of the time i was thirsty and not hungry at all :blushing:
  • Denise1961
    Denise1961 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I haven thought about it....I will try it.
  • momto3hmn
    Options
    you are so right... It's like the evil food master comes to haunt us when we return home. All I know is, there is no easy solution. But if you gain the willpower to offer yourself other tasks or chores around the house for a few nights, it will get better and easier as you go! I wish you luck, I struggle with this right now as well. I find myself glued to the fridge door handle, or the cupboards literally having a verbal fight with myself. If you ever want to vent or need some encouragement!! I'm here, and so are others!! :flowerforyou:
  • GoingToLoseIt
    Options
    I totally understand! I can do so good all day, and then as soon as I get home and relax, my body goes "Okay! LET'S EAT!" It's so hard! I've found that having a glass of water nearby (some nights I carry it around!) can be very helpful. And if you really want to eat, try keeping a bowl of fresh fruit, ready to eat, right in your fridge. So when you open it, it's right there, you can grab it and eat and it's good for you!
  • bla115
    bla115 Posts: 206
    Options
    I use to work second shift and the key for me was healthy snacking throughout my shift (carrot sticks, fruit, granola bars, etc.). This helped keep me level and fight off the munchies when I got home. Hope this helps! :drinker:
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    is the end of your shift, 10-11pm?

I have found that If I am drinking all my water, and then some, It is best to go to bed when those latenight cravings hit. That way you are ready to get up early, do some exercise and It seems easier to deal with food options in the light of day.
    Stay strong, Good Luck
    :flowerforyou:

93399.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • jenn10
    jenn10 Posts: 161
    Options
    I heard you can drink orange juice to help curb your cravings -- maybe a small cup of that?
  • Audry
    Audry Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Whenever I get the urge to just eat - I drink a glass of water and stay out of the kitchen for at least 15 mins. and that usually helps me not to grab a snack - hope this helps!!!
  • lessertess
    lessertess Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Are you actually hungry or just want to eat? I'm constantly having to ask that question. I agree with the others, drink some water or hot tea first. If after that, you're still hungry eat something.

I keep a little bit of a deficit with my calories for just such emergencies. The 100 calorie popcorn bags are good. It's a lot of food in terms of bulk and takes a while to eat so it satisfies the urge. If I'm hungry the bulk, with the water or tea, fills me up.