Help - I have a flat bum!!

Options
Okay, I'm sure we all have our problem areas - mine is around my waist. The trouble is, since I've taken up running, my thighs and bum have become smaller (and I had chicken legs to begin with!) - and now my bum is a bit flat and shapeless! As well as running, I do P90X (although I am not consistent with it right now), so I'm doing squats and lunges and other leg and butt work. Can anyone suggest to me the best tried-and-true methods to build some muscle, shape, and lift in my bum before it completely disappears??

Thanks!! :happy:

Replies

• mandysue1980
    mandysue1980 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel, I would also like to know the answer to this.
  • carpar1
    carpar1 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    lunges, squats, that's it : )
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    Have you heard of Brazil Butt Lift??? It is supposed to do what you want but I have no prior experience to it :wink:
  • SmashleeWpg
    SmashleeWpg Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Oooooh! I have a great workout for you! Wrote a blog post with it a while back... it's a fantastic workout for your butt. Trust me, you'll be perky in no time! :)

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Smashlee1984/view/your-boooootay-will-thank-you-108327
  • knewbill72
    knewbill72 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Carpar1 is right! Go HEAVY with LOW REPS. Nothing over 8 reps and you'll build some nice glutes! Worked like a champ on my wife for sure.
  • makena78
    makena78 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have the brazil butt lift. I'm not thin yet but it's a great bum workout and it's supposed to give shape too. worth trying out.
  • Dagnytaggert
    Options
    Carpar1 is right! Go HEAVY with LOW REPS. Nothing over 8 reps and you'll build some nice glutes! Worked like a champ on my wife for sure.

Yes!! Squats with weights that are heavy for you with LOW reps will definitely work!
  • dree77
    dree77 Posts: 52
    Options
    awesome thanks so much everyone!! :)