Every Work Day Should Be Like Today

Options
Whew!!

So most of you know that I'm a full-time substitute teacher this year, and this week I scored with my assignment. I've been at the same school all week and so I was prepared for today's event. Today we had a Terry Fox 4km run/walk for the entire school to raise money for cancer research. If you're not Canadian (I didn't know who Terry Fox was before I moved to Canada), read about him here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Fox

It was a 4km route planned out by the school and there were some volunteer teachers at various markers around town along the route (it's a very VERY small town and a very small high school) and everyone - every student and every staff member - walked or ran it. I jogged it! Not the full 4km, but I did around half brisk walking and half jogging -- I tried to work on my interval training. It felt so good to donate, run for a cause AND get my exercise in AT WORK! We all came back and celebrated by having lunch and drinking LOTS of water. I enjoyed raw carrots and grapes and a peanut butter and sugar-free raspberry jam sandwich on weight watcher's 100% whole wheat bread. MMMM

And for the final two periods of the day I'm helping out in gym, where we'll be playing ultimate frisbee.

What a great day! I love getting in extra exercise whenever I can... especially at work! :D

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :heart:

Replies

• pinktoque
    pinktoque Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Whew!!

So most of you know that I'm a full-time substitute teacher this year, and this week I scored with my assignment. I've been at the same school all week and so I was prepared for today's event. Today we had a Terry Fox 4km run/walk for the entire school to raise money for cancer research. If you're not Canadian (I didn't know who Terry Fox was before I moved to Canada), read about him here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_Fox

It was a 4km route planned out by the school and there were some volunteer teachers at various markers around town along the route (it's a very VERY small town and a very small high school) and everyone - every student and every staff member - walked or ran it. I jogged it! Not the full 4km, but I did around half brisk walking and half jogging -- I tried to work on my interval training. It felt so good to donate, run for a cause AND get my exercise in AT WORK! We all came back and celebrated by having lunch and drinking LOTS of water. I enjoyed raw carrots and grapes and a peanut butter and sugar-free raspberry jam sandwich on weight watcher's 100% whole wheat bread. MMMM

And for the final two periods of the day I'm helping out in gym, where we'll be playing ultimate frisbee.

What a great day! I love getting in extra exercise whenever I can... especially at work! :D

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend :heart:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a GREAT Friday!!! :wink: