Protein shakes for girls

2»

Replies

• bloodbank
    bloodbank Posts: 468 Member
    I like Allmax Isoflex in chocolate. A 30g serving (about one scoop) is 111 calories & 27g protein. I mix it with 1 cup of 1% chocolate milk instead of water (my local one is 170 calories & 9g protein) for an awwwwesome recovery drink on my lifting days that is under 300 calories.
  • nickiog
    nickiog Posts: 187 Member
    my personal favorite is this one http://www.spiru-tein.com/ every single flavor ive tried is beyond delicious
  • Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Protein shake for girls

I think that's already in the food database.

http://tinyurl.com/3upyptd
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    You can buy the kind that is for boys, but drink it out of a pink or purple container.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • AmberM6912
    AmberM6912 Posts: 79
    bump
  • FairyMiss
    FairyMiss Posts: 1,812 Member
    You can buy the kind that is for boys, but drink it out of a pink or purple container.

made my night
  • Paige_me
    Paige_me Posts: 59 Member
    I make my own. I have the GNC protein in chocolate and it's delicious. You can mix it with either milk or water and drink it plain like that. There are lots of different flavors and you can pick the one you like most. I also mix it with any kind frozen fruit and a half cup of milk and it's a great breakfast or after workout snack (depending on what fruit you use). I always try to throw at least a half a banana in with it.
    The protein itself is expensive up front but it's so much more cost effective than purchasing individual drinks. At least in my opinion.
  • kim_mc
    kim_mc Posts: 321 Member
    bump for later....i'm going to be looking for a protein shake to try out and want to know which ones taste the best!!!
  • lauraaaaxo
    lauraaaaxo Posts: 55 Member

made my night

what i meant by "for girls" was seeing as im trying to lose weight i don't want to take in loads of calories and carbs but ive found a good one now and bought the chocolate flavour which will hopefully kerb my chocolate cravings!
  • I couldn't afford to buy shakes, so my husband and I just make them. I'll just share mine since I have experimented SO much and these have made the final cut. I make all of mine in mason jars so I can seal them up and have a few in the fridge. Calories are all between 200-300, but the soy milk gives you much needed protein and the vanilla hemp milk (yes, I know that is WAY out there for most of you, but Trader Joe's has it) is really high in Omega-3's. I use my protein shakes for also getting in the vitamins and minerals I struggle to get in my diet, which is great since I'm a vegetarian.

Coffee Shake - good for right after an early morning workout to get your caffeine in
    - 2oz espresso (we have a tiny little $20 machine, so it's cheap for us)
    - a rounded scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, though I sometimes substitute part chocolate, but you could do all chocolate if that is your thing...having a mocha thing going on
    - fill to about 1/2" from the top with vanilla soy milk or hemp milk (if I use any hemp at all, I only use half)
    - shake shake shake, shake shake shake....

Orange Dreamsicle
    - rounded scoop of vanilla powder
    - orange juice to 1/2" from the top
    - shake shake shake, shake shake shake....

Since I struggled to get one I liked, maybe one of you will find one of these two appealing. Good luck!
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    I was reading somewhere that Chocolate Milk 10 minutes has the same results. Don't know, haven't tried it just read it somewhere recently.

The only "clinical" studies that support that were sponsored by dairy companies...I think they may be a tad biased.

I've used choco milk after a workout, and even though it tasted great, I didn't have the same recovery as a protein shake. I was more sore the next day with just the choco milk.
    Is this real life?

Read.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/an-objective-comparison-of-chocolate-milk-and-surge-recovery.html
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    my personal favorite is this one http://www.spiru-tein.com/ every single flavor ive tried is beyond delicious
    I'm a Spiru-tein fan as well. I cannot have whey protein, so my options are limited. 1/2 scoop of cherries jubilee, half scoop of chocolate and mixed with coconut milk tastes like a cherry cordial.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    I've read, that as long as you have adequate 24-hour nutrition you don't need a post workout shake. Really your body is running off what it at yesterday, as long as there was plenty of protien and calories yesterday, you're good.

But yes, if you feel you need/want protein supplementation in the form of a shake you can use the ones for men. I use Body Fortress, it's cheap, 130 calories for 30gram protein.
  • xraychick77
    xraychick77 Posts: 1,775 Member
    for men or women they are all the same
This discussion has been closed.