An answer to my prayers!

NurseJenn
NurseJenn Posts: 2
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hello everyone!! Im new to the site and was up late last night excitedly getting everything set up. I found a link to this site on a Biggest Loser Forum, which I found unfortunately didnt have all the great diet and excercise logs like you do here. I was really excited to find a site that incorporates everything and is FREE!!

I always seem to get my health kicks in the fall and actually manage to tone up but it all falls apart at Christmas and I can never seem to get back on board and then am untoned again by summer :( Maybe this will be what it takes to actually make the lifestyle changes more drilled into my brain!! I am a nurse so this organization/data thing is right up my alley. My overall goal is to maintain a strong healthy body now while I am still young so that I am not in a position of having to struggle with it later in life when I have bigger time commitments and responsibilities and a less compliant metabolism. I also really enjoy jogging and as I get into jogging more and more frequently I want to be able to see my progress and not let my diet destroy my hard work.

I am trying to lose about 25lbs, which I have come close to before and I always come right back to this plateau once I stop intensly working out. So hopefully this time is for good!!

Im looking forward to chatting to some people and sharing stories and watching as we all progress!

Replies

• Hello everyone!! Im new to the site and was up late last night excitedly getting everything set up. I found a link to this site on a Biggest Loser Forum, which I found unfortunately didnt have all the great diet and excercise logs like you do here. I was really excited to find a site that incorporates everything and is FREE!!

I always seem to get my health kicks in the fall and actually manage to tone up but it all falls apart at Christmas and I can never seem to get back on board and then am untoned again by summer :( Maybe this will be what it takes to actually make the lifestyle changes more drilled into my brain!! I am a nurse so this organization/data thing is right up my alley. My overall goal is to maintain a strong healthy body now while I am still young so that I am not in a position of having to struggle with it later in life when I have bigger time commitments and responsibilities and a less compliant metabolism. I also really enjoy jogging and as I get into jogging more and more frequently I want to be able to see my progress and not let my diet destroy my hard work.

I am trying to lose about 25lbs, which I have come close to before and I always come right back to this plateau once I stop intensly working out. So hopefully this time is for good!!

Im looking forward to chatting to some people and sharing stories and watching as we all progress!
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Welcome to MFP
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Haha, My friends always laugh cuz every February when it finally cools down for a second here in south florida I swear I am going to lose weight.

I start out gung ho and end up eating ho hos.

So this time I told NO ONE. I just started reading the threads and writing down every morsel that went into my mouth. At the end of the 1st week I cried because I had eaten about 2500-3000 cals a day, 40-90 grams of fat and my sodium was close to 5000 on some days.

That was my wake up call. I have slowly lost 13 pounds since June 15.

I know you can do this if you make it a new lifestyle.

Good luck to you!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Good luck and I hope you do great!!!
This discussion has been closed.