A Doctor's Reward

Well I had my weigh in at the clinic last night...down to 267.8

Saw my primary doctor this morning for my regular checkup, which I was really nervous about. He loved the progress!! :love: He asked me about my diet and exercise.

His reward to me was 3-fold: He stopped the Metformin, which I have been taking for 3 years. He reduced my current Diovan dosage by HALF!!! He finally told me that he would postpone any blood work for me for a few months. I am telling it was like getting Christmas as a little kid again! :happy:

My goal now is the other 43 lbs and getting off medications all together. Thank you to everyone on MFP who has been supportive!! :flowerforyou: :blushing:

Replies

• Gator4RTR
    Gator4RTR Posts: 119 Member
    Well I had my weigh in at the clinic last night...down to 267.8

Saw my primary doctor this morning for my regular checkup, which I was really nervous about. He loved the progress!! :love: He asked me about my diet and exercise.

His reward to me was 3-fold: He stopped the Metformin, which I have been taking for 3 years. He reduced my current Diovan dosage by HALF!!! He finally told me that he would postpone any blood work for me for a few months. I am telling it was like getting Christmas as a little kid again! :happy:

My goal now is the other 43 lbs and getting off medications all together. Thank you to everyone on MFP who has been supportive!! :flowerforyou: :blushing:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Awesome, Keep up the good work.:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    That is the BEST news ever!! You keep it up....:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kenkraft
    kenkraft Posts: 38 Member
    There's no better reward than that. Congratulations! Remember, nobody did this but YOU! You have found your discipline! You got yourself there, you have the power to get yourself back again. You're halfway, dig in and kick some butt!!
  • thats one of the best rewards you can get!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • You're doing so well! Keep up the good work. Isn't living well teriffic!!!
  • Way to go.:drinker: :drinker: Before long you will be medication free.
    That is the best news ever. We all are here for one reason or another.Max you are an inspiration to us all.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Whoo hoo! I was taken off metformin a week ago after being on it for 7 years, it is amazing!!!!

Congrats!!!!:bigsmile:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Cool_Ani.gif

great job!

I got off my metformin a month or so ago and am working on getting off the Glimiperide now.
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile: :drinker: :bigsmile:

Yay!!!!!!!
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    That's amazing. Congrats to you on all your hard work!
  • monne
    monne Posts: 24
    Congrats!!!:flowerforyou:
  • fatgottago
    fatgottago Posts: 222 Member
    Way to go !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!