Healthy pancake recipe?

Options
I am on the look out for a "healthier" pancake for my family on weekends. Someone once brought whole wheat apple cinnamon pancakes to a breakfast potluck one time at work, but they no longer work there and they were way too good to be low cal. Something homemade would be great - no box mix. Something with a good amount of protein and fiber yet sweet and filling
Please help!

I am wondering if such a thing even exists :)

Replies

• msashbash
    msashbash Posts: 1
    Options
    One of my absolute favorite healthy pancake recipe is from Smitten Kitchen. They are oatmeal pancakes and OH SO delicious. They are good by themselves, heated up the next morning, for a snack, etc. Here's the link. Enjoy!

http://smittenkitchen.com/2010/05/oatmeal-pancakes/
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I made some pancakes with almond flour, egg, baking soda, vanilla and blackberries a while back. I just kind of threw it together playing around so I don't really have amounts .... But it was pretty good! Ifyou have a knack for guessing cooking ingredient amounts you might want to give it a try :flowerforyou:
  • AshleighFTM
    AshleighFTM Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Ever try flaxseed pancakes?

They really are delicious, I always add blueberries and use sugar free maple syrup. Flaxseed has lots of fiber!

I am sure allrecipes.com has a few recipes for them. (I would post one if i wasn't on my phone)