My weight loss journey..

Monty8
Monty8 Posts: 2
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
Hi All,

I want to share my weight loss journey from 209pds / 95Kgs to 169pds / 77Kgs, i.e. 40pds / 18Kgs in 4 months. I'm just 4.5pds / 2Kgs from my goal now. I set my goaI in Feb in myfitness & started with diet shakes for dinner with regular 1 hr excercise; mix of cardio & strength - weights. I hated the shakes due to cramps and uneasiness and stopped it after 2 weeks. However i watched my calories as per goals set in mypal and excercised regularly whether its cold, hot , rain or anything else. I couldn't believe the results as i started shedding weight in a matter of days and now I'm pretty close to my target & with change in lifestyle & eating habits i feel a lot better physically & mentally. I mainly watched my dinner & tried to cut back as much as i can for dinner. I also had early dinner & initially i stuck with soup diet for dinner. Now i'm pretty much eating everything. Another thing that worked for me was cut back on alcohol, i tried to keep it to not more than 2 beers/wine glasses in one day & that too only on weekends. I did cut back on breakfast & lunch however not as much as for dinner. Another thing that i did was kept my calories intake less than mypal goal, mainly by exercising more. When i look back at my old eating habits i could't believe that i was eating 4-5 times more than what i'm doing now & also a lot less excercise. I hope not to return to those habits again. I should mention that i did try diets & exercise in the past, however never did both together in a manner i did this time. I never watched calories so closely....thanks to mypal this time. I hope someone will find some good tips from my journey and will succeed in their goals.

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.