Turning the big 3-0

Options
I am turnig 30 in a few days and it has always been my goal to be "fit" by the time I was 30. I was very skinny until I got married at 21, then had 3 kids in 6 years, and now I am 35 lbs over what I was when I got married. I am not striving to be what I was then, because it was a bit too thin, but I do want to lose 20 lbs. My baby was born 3 months ago and I am finally feeling well enought to lose this weight. It is hard to stop all of my uynhealthy habits. I need a trick...someone said to chew gum when I get that craving. I just love sweets.

But none-the-less, I am super excited to start this journey of a healthier lifesyle. I am excited about finding this site, because I know I don't want to go at this alone.

~Tami

95066.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• Tami2w
    Tami2w Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am turnig 30 in a few days and it has always been my goal to be "fit" by the time I was 30. I was very skinny until I got married at 21, then had 3 kids in 6 years, and now I am 35 lbs over what I was when I got married. I am not striving to be what I was then, because it was a bit too thin, but I do want to lose 20 lbs. My baby was born 3 months ago and I am finally feeling well enought to lose this weight. It is hard to stop all of my uynhealthy habits. I need a trick...someone said to chew gum when I get that craving. I just love sweets.

But none-the-less, I am super excited to start this journey of a healthier lifesyle. I am excited about finding this site, because I know I don't want to go at this alone.

~Tami

95066.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi Tami - My name is Tammi. :laugh: I turned 30 a couple years ago and decided that was it for me - I needed to get fit and healthy! This is a great place to start. You'll be down to you goal weigh in no time. I love sweets too. I chew gum and brush my teeth often. Sweets never taste as good when your mouth is all fresh and minty.
  • punka274
    Options
    Hi Tammy! Im turning the big 3-0 in about two months.Congrats on your new baby!

For my sweet tooth I wil drink those crystal lite to go packs! I just put them in a 20oz bottle of water and there delish,very 'sweet'. I also like to eat those sugarfree fugecisle(or even the regular ones) DELISH. I will also eat two or three dark chocolate squares! Oh and the diet cocoa is good too.

Brushing your teeth and chewing gum is another great suggestion! Good luck to ya!