Warrior Dash!

Options
I just signed up to do Warrior Dash in New York in August....anybody who has done one have any tips for training for the obstacles? The running I'm not worried about, but the things I'll have to climb....hmmmm

Replies

• michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I did it last year, and I don't think you will have much to worry about if the running won't be a problem. Basically, people of ALL shapes and sizes participate. I think it's more of a fun event than an athletic event. Don't get me wrong, it's challenging, but again, if you can run then you can do this. I didn't see anyone dropping out because the obstacles were too challenging, they just were slower. So have fun and wear shoes and clothing you don't mind throwing away, and bring towels and large plastic bags to leave in your car as you probably don't want your car to be filthy from your muddy self :)
  • Stooooo
    Stooooo Posts: 1,191 Member
    Options
    I just signed up to do Warrior Dash in New York in August....anybody who has done one have any tips for training for the obstacles? The running I'm not worried about, but the things I'll have to climb....hmmmm

Just finished one this past weekend. Build your upper body strength. Warrior Wall was tough. Be ready to get dirty. Also make sure your shoes are tied tight. Don't want them falling off in the mud.

Good luck!
  • caitlinlws
    caitlinlws Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    thanks!!! I'm mostly doing it for fun but want to feel good about it and be fit enough to feel good during it and not miserable, haha
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    If you can run the course, you'll be fine. I did one in March. Running was my problem, lol!

Expect to get very wet and dirty. Wear shoes that fit well, but understand they may be "ruined" after the Dash , so bring a change of socks/shoes. I wore athletic clothes that fit well, so I wouldn't feel dragged down once they got wet and also helped wick away the sweat. There were no showers/change rooms there (outside of Port-A-Potties), so if you want to change clothes right after, keep that in mind.

All of the obstacles are very doable and not as hard as they look. As long as you're in decent shape, you'll have no problems.

Have fun!