Turning the big 3-0

Options
I am turnig 30 in a few days and it has always been my goal to be "fit" by the time I was 30. I was very skinny until I got married at 21, then had 3 kids in 6 years, and now I am 35 lbs over what I was when I got married. I am not striving to be what I was then, because it was a bit too thin, but I do want to lose 20 lbs. My baby was born 3 months ago and I am finally feeling well enought to lose this weight. It is hard to stop all of my uynhealthy habits. I need a trick...someone said to chew gum when I get that craving. I just love sweets.

But none-the-less, I am super excited to start this journey of a healthier lifesyle. I am excited about finding this site, because I know I don't want to go at this alone.

~Tami

SW: 155
GW: 135

95066.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter

Replies

• Tami2w
    Tami2w Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am turnig 30 in a few days and it has always been my goal to be "fit" by the time I was 30. I was very skinny until I got married at 21, then had 3 kids in 6 years, and now I am 35 lbs over what I was when I got married. I am not striving to be what I was then, because it was a bit too thin, but I do want to lose 20 lbs. My baby was born 3 months ago and I am finally feeling well enought to lose this weight. It is hard to stop all of my uynhealthy habits. I need a trick...someone said to chew gum when I get that craving. I just love sweets.

But none-the-less, I am super excited to start this journey of a healthier lifesyle. I am excited about finding this site, because I know I don't want to go at this alone.

~Tami

SW: 155
    GW: 135

95066.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Fab140
    Fab140 Posts: 1,976 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Welcome Tami!
  • monne
    monne Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome!!! :flowerforyou:

I know you'll be able to get to your goal. This is a great site!!! Everyone is just so nice!
  • ellelit
    ellelit Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    that was my goal to. i turn 30 on sunday sept 28th, and right now it's more i'm happy to be on my way to healthy. i've been sick the last week, so it feels like i'm REALLY getting old lol. we can do it. our 30's will be awesome he he.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    Despite the fact that you didn't reach your goal by 30, don't let that stop you. Strive to meet your goal anyway! I'll be 30 next spring so I know how ya feel....but only having 20 pounds to lose isn't so bad, I've lost 20 since April. So just think, you could be at your goal by Valentines Day! When you are craving sweets, have some, but in moderation. Trust me, once you get used to (actually addicted) to logging your calories and paying attention to what you're consuming, you'll think twice before popping that cookie in your mouth before dinner, or having a candy bar here, or a peice of cake there. You can do it!!!!!:drinker:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Welcome

:flowerforyou:
  • frithir
    frithir Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Happy up-coming birthday :smile: I'll turn 52 tomorrow and at the moment, am hard-pressed to even REMEMBER turning 30 :laugh: :tongue: