Pre-Log Your Food (and Exercise) Diary

Options
My Tuesday Confession is that I do not log in everyday (especially on days I skip the gym). In order to stay on track I am now making it my requirement to log EVERYDAY no matter how RED my results come up. Additionally I will go back to my old method of pre-logging the food (and exercise) I am expecting to eat BEFORE I eat them. It helps me decide if I need to scale back or if I have room for a little treat. Pre-planning is not my forte but seeing what calorie intake for the day before I consume them allows me to make better decisions and make any necessary adjustments for (Ice Cream cone - out, Spinning class -in). But to reach my goal weight after a lifetime of being overweight (I was a cute little fat baby tho!) I need to add more discipline to my routine.

I hope this tidbit helps!

Please feel free to add me as a friend. I love to hear from you! :glasses:

Replies

• bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    I pre-log meals too! I find it is the best way for me to get as close to my dietary goals as possible for the day. If I'm over in sodium, I will tweak my meal, etc.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Yup... pre-logging is the way to go!
  • Janelle_Teaches
    Options
    I pre-log my dinner..usually after lunch and work I am starving.but if I sit down and log what I'm plannin for dinner..I know if I need to eat an early dinner or if I have room for a snack (or..if I can make a dinner with my fav. mac and cheese!!)

Great job taking the step foward!! :)
  • sheisbrown
    sheisbrown Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I just started pre-logging. I have to do it especially on the weekends as that is when it all falls apart. I can stick to my goals on the weekday but Friday comes and I am ready for drinks and treats! But I think you are right- It will help to plan a bit more. I also think that making myself consistently log will take some of the shame and secretiveness out of the days when I binge. I need to stay accountable and the only way I can do that is if I am honest with what I ate. I read this other woman on here say that "You've already done the damage by eating it, might as well log it" Which is so true....Sigh.....The struggle continues.
  • tberry81
    tberry81 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Great idea, i hadn't thought of that. i guess if you do that, you don't have to eat only veggies for dinner if you run out of calories.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I usually batch cook on Sunday night and pre log a few days then.

No point in only logging days that you are under your goals. Your body has it's own "calorie counter" and you can't lie to it :tongue: