does anyone have the wii fit :wink:

Options
Hi everyone!!!

My daughter and i bought the wii and we got the wii fit,it's so much fun. I think you can actualy lose weight doing this. My favorite is the stepper.

Monique

Replies

• monne
    monne Posts: 24
    Options
    Hi everyone!!!

My daughter and i bought the wii and we got the wii fit,it's so much fun. I think you can actualy lose weight doing this. My favorite is the stepper.

Monique
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    No!!!!:mad: I want one sooooo bad but never can find. Only place is e-bay right now. I hear its so much fun. Let me know what you think about it.
  • rolanda
    Options
    i have ittttt i love it..i think you can lose weight i use it to go running soo lol.
  • kayaraelyn
    Options
    We have one, and love it, though I have to fight my husband for it wish we could do two player, even my 5 year old is using it she like to do the yoga, as she is very flexible, though she needs to gain weight and I need to lose it :laugh:

Get it if you can
  • Mom2PAK
    Mom2PAK Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about the wii fit also. Is there any way to find out how many calories are burned while using it, or calories burned while playing other wii games such as tennis or bowling? I don't have a heart rate monitor yet so I need some type of estimate.
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    I was wondering about the wii fit also. Is there any way to find out how many calories are burned while using it, or calories burned while playing other wii games such as tennis or bowling? I don't have a heart rate monitor yet so I need some type of estimate.

The only real advice for calories burned is to get a HRM. I wish there was some other way of doing things but that's really the only option. A Polar F4 is relatively inexpensive (less than $100, usually) and can calculate calories burned pretty accurately. They sell them at Target and you can get them online, too.
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    No!!!!:mad: I want one sooooo bad but never can find. Only place is e-bay right now. I hear its so much fun. Let me know what you think about it.

Yup, we ended up having to get ours off of eBay. It cost us around $40 more than we would've paid for it in the stores, but we really wanted it. It's worth every penny! As I've said previously, I mostly use it on my days off from exercise and don't actually count it as exercise. Doing all the advanced exercises such as jogging, stepping, hula hooping, etc. DEFINITELY gets my heart rate up there, though. After about 30-45 minutes, I feel just like I've had a normal workout...all while having FUN!
  • Mom2PAK
    Mom2PAK Posts: 27 Member
    Options

The only real advice for calories burned is to get a HRM. I wish there was some other way of doing things but that's really the only option. A Polar F4 is relatively inexpensive (less than $100, usually) and can calculate calories burned pretty accurately. They sell them at Target and you can get them online, too.

I didn't realize they sold them at Target! I will have to check them out next time I'm there. Thanks!