Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

saddlebags and love handles - how to shift them?

Hi All

I'm followinga calorie controlled healthy diet, and walking a few times a week with the occasional Zumba class. I've recently started to do push uips - on my knees, sit ups, and squats at home to tone up, around 3 x sets of 20 a night. My saddlebags and love handles are always the last part of me to tone up and I wondered if there were any other home resistance exercises I could to for these areas? Please help me!

Replies

• doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Besides losing the extra weight (because unfortunately that needs to happen first), planks and side bends are great for the love handles..... Good luck!
  • ranewell
    ranewell Posts: 621 Member
    I do front bent leg lifts and side leg lifts standing up (I can't get on floor yet due to injuries). I also modify the bent leg lifts into crunches. So far it's helping a little bit, but it's a slow process!!
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Wide legged "sumo" squats carrying a dumbbell or weight plate, or kettlebell swings will work wonders. Also try exercises with chopping motions - Google wood chop exercises and do it with a medicine ball, kettlebell or resistance bands. Good luck!
  • How about sidewards sits ups on a flexiball??
  • chels1605
    chels1605 Posts: 206 Member
    massage them after exercise... problem is, you can't spot reduce so its about loosing all over fat!

I suffer with the same problem... big love handles, hips and bum!!
  • julieannebyrom
    julieannebyrom Posts: 205 Member
    Thanks all

I'm just trying to tone up so that when I lose this last stone I will be nice and toned! :laugh: