P90X nutrition help

Options
dipteshr
dipteshr Posts: 39 Member
Hi guys, I want to start P90X, i have the DVDs from a friend, but none of the nutritional stuff (bars, shakes, etc)

do i need these? can i replace them with supermarket alternatives? can i ignore them all together?

Replies

• TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    i recommend p90x recovery drink and amplified whey from gnc :)
  • TAMMY_76
    TAMMY_76 Posts: 199
    Options
    p90x recovery drink is awesome
  • sagisun1969
    Options
    My husband and I did P90X and we didn't use the bars and shakes while we were doing it. If you follow the recipes in the book that comes with it, you will lose weight faster but the recipes are time consuming and bland, in my opinion. You will see a huge difference using P90X, even without the shakes and bars. I started using the shakes (shakeology) after I quit P90X....the chocolate shakes are very tasty and fill you up for several hours and they are less than 200 calories per shake. They are expensive, but if you can afford them, I would suggest them.
  • tmkv008jm
    tmkv008jm Posts: 1
    Options
    You don't necessarily need theirs but you should have some protein after each workout. As long as you follow a nutritional diet and protein, vitamins, you should be ok. As my doctor told me Monday, "IF IT DOESN'T GROW ON A TREE, IT'S NOT A SNACK!"

Good Luck
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    You don't need their brand-line of bars and shakes. Eat good sources of protein. :drinker: