Waking up feeling weak, tired??

Options
I don't know whats up lately this week and maybe some last but damn I have been waking up just tired and tired at the gym as well. I normally don't eat before the gym and not sure if I should. I have had steady weight loss in the last month etc and I'm still hitting the gym but just doesn't feel the same. I don't take many days off and not sure if my body is wearing down and needs a few etc.. I'm lost help!!!

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Your body may be telling you to rest, or you may need more fuel, or you may be getting sick. I usally notice a lack of energy a day or 2 before I start feeling sick.

How many calories are you eating?
  • KattKitty
    KattKitty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    As much as you don't like it, your body may just NEED a little rest.--- Make sure you are drinking enough water. It's amazing how the body changes with even slight shifts in water consumption.
  • kimbermoore
    Options
    I've got the same thing going on and was thinking that maybe it's just my body trying to adjust to the fact that I'm not eating so many carbs.
  • nikmaack
    nikmaack Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    My understanding: wake up in the morning, do low impact cardio before eating, and you'll burn fat. (Eg. stationary bike, elliptical, treadmill, etc.) Then, immediately after working out, eat something with protein in it.

If you are waking up, going to the gym, and doing a serious work out (weights, etc) -- you need to eat something first. You're most likely burning muscle, not fat. This might explain your fatigue.

My source for this info: Ingredients for Life podcast. A nutritionist.

Hope this helps!

Nik
  • fnm101
    fnm101 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    this sounds like it might be dehydration. sometimes i wake up feeling the way you described. it helps to drink 2-3 cups of water right before bed, and 2-3 when i get up (and of course plenty throughout the day). best wishes!
  • X_Bex_X
    X_Bex_X Posts: 14
    Options
    Oh my gosh! That's really weird! I posted on my blog that I'm feeling tired when I wake up and after work I don't want to do anything! I would imagine, personally that not eating before excersise would make the gym more strenuous? But I can't function without food in the morning anyway lol
    I think mine is just pure laziness but I hope you find a solution to your tiredness soon! You may just need a break to let your body recover... :)
  • JLopez
    JLopez Posts: 20
    Options
    Eat every 3-4 hours, fill up on fiber, take your daily dose of vitamins including Omega 3s, and stay super hydrated.
  • luvmybentley
    luvmybentley Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Listen to your body. Take a couple of days off from the gym and see how you feel. When you start back up have a healthy carb snack 1/2 hr before your workout and a protein snack after and see if you have more energy. You may need to tweak your calories, at about 1 month of hard core MFP, I was feeling like that too. I added 200-300 more calories a day in the form of a pre and post workout snack and found that it helped and I still was losing.
  • jessp687
    jessp687 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    i drink coffee with sugar and creamer then two glasses of water
  • pbolton16
    pbolton16 Posts: 87
    Options
    Thanks everyone and I will make some changes and try to listen to my body more.