Grrrr the diet profile

Options
Ok I changed my settings to "sedentary". My first week I did it on slightly active, but the description for slightly active... spend a good part of your day on your feet, is not me. I work in a lab, but I DO walk up and down stairs about 7-10 times a day, however the rest of the time I am at my desk, so I switched to sedentary for this week.

I am trying to see which works better. I dont want to eat too few calories, and have my body go into starvation mode and not lose weight, when I should be eating more. And vice versa. For me, there is a 200-calorie difference between the two! I just went from 1520 to 1300 a day!

Replies

• jenninsocal
    Options
    Ok I changed my settings to "sedentary". My first week I did it on slightly active, but the description for slightly active... spend a good part of your day on your feet, is not me. I work in a lab, but I DO walk up and down stairs about 7-10 times a day, however the rest of the time I am at my desk, so I switched to sedentary for this week.

I am trying to see which works better. I dont want to eat too few calories, and have my body go into starvation mode and not lose weight, when I should be eating more. And vice versa. For me, there is a 200-calorie difference between the two! I just went from 1520 to 1300 a day!
  • rosiesantos7
    rosiesantos7 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Good Luck and come chat online http://mfp-archive.harehome.org/chat/
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I did that, and underestimated my caloric needs, and went smack dab into a horrible plateau that I'm just now getting over by deliberately going over my calories daily. Now the scale is finally moving in the right direction.

If you think about what it takes to do your daily work, you're expending about 1200 calories a day just in your daily living activities. Add to that the 1200-1500 a day your body needs to just stay alive (picture being in a coma). Then add whatever calories you're burning during exercise. So if you look at your MFP allowance, it isn't really enough, is it? Be careful when setting your diet profile. For awhile, your body will respond, but you might plateau, in which case, ADD CALORIES!! We need to eat to lose weight.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    It sounds strange, at first, to be balancing your lifestyle, and exercise, with our calories consumed. But it really works! :flowerforyou:
  • jenninsocal
    Options
    Thanks! I will see what happens, and if I plateau... or feel sickly hungry, Ill add more calories.