Turkey Meatloaf

Options
Hi all, my sister found this recipe when I went low carb last year and it is really awesome.
1.5# ground turkey
2/3 cup uncooked oats (think Quaker)
1 can drained diced tomatoes
1 jar your favorite salsa (I like the southwestern kind with the corn)
salt, pepper and onion to your liking

Not only is this delicious, but its low carb and low cal!!
Happy eating =))

Replies

• tbarre
    Options
    Hi all, my sister found this recipe when I went low carb last year and it is really awesome.
    1.5# ground turkey
    2/3 cup uncooked oats (think Quaker)
    1 can drained diced tomatoes
    1 jar your favorite salsa (I like the southwestern kind with the corn)
    salt, pepper and onion to your liking

Not only is this delicious, but its low carb and low cal!!
    Happy eating =))
  • noogiep
    Options
    That sounds delicious. I think that I will cook it for my husband this week.
  • rissa1322
    Options
    i am learning how to cook new things lately, so dont make fun of this question...
    but what do u do with all the ingredients? just make a loaf and then cook it for how long?

thanks
    :tongue:
  • randomone
    Options
    sounds really good! how long is it cooked for?
  • kemerick
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe. Sounds great
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I would love to make this but I (believe it or not) have never made meatloaf. What are the cooking instructions...please...and no making fun!!:blushing:

*kistinbee*
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    I love meatloaf. I will have to give this a try.
    My sister and I always call it mystery meat because you never know what’s in it lol.
    *kistinbee* I am assuming that it is all mixed together in a bowl and then bake it till it is done. I would bake it at 400 degrees for how ever long it takes for it to be done all the way through. You can tell my looking or using a meat thermometer.
    :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    You just put it in a bread loaf pan, right? So, 400 degrees and what would you say...like 20-30 minutes? Just so I have an idea. Thanks Loretta_Jo!:bigsmile:

*kistinbee*
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    You can put it in a loaf pan or just shape it into a loaf, lay it in a sheet pan then cover it with foil and bake it. Check it in about 20 to 30 minutes but my guess it will take more like an hour (maybe more) to cook….I really don’t know because I haven’t made this recipe before. The best I can tell you is to check it….that is what I will do.
    One really good indicator if something is done and a really good time to check it is when you first smell it. The nose knows lol
    Good luck and let me know how it turns out (and the cook time too)
    LoJo :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks LoJo! I appreciate your help! I will probably try it this weekend or next week sometime and let you know. Thanks!!:bigsmile:

*Kistinbee*
  • kistinbee
    Options
    I made this last night for dinner and it is DELICIOUS!!!!!!! I used spicy salsa which gave it a bite! Just thought I'd share!!!!

*Kistinbee*