Many people change their nutrient goals? (Carbs, Protein etc

Options
Just wondering really as I realised it's possible to do so wondered if anybody did and wether it depends more on goals or if it is to complement your workout etc?

Thanks for any info... even if it's directing me to somewhere that it;s been discussed before!

Replies

• morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/242807-dietary-ratios-need-your-opinion?hl=ratios#posts-3207512

if you just type in Ratio in the topic esearch there are lots of posts!
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of us do for varying reasons. I'm iron deficient anemic, so I've set my goal for iron at 200% rather than 100%. A lot of people change their protein/carb/fat goals to a plan they're pulled from another site or book, or have just adjusted it until they find a distribution that suits their lifestyle and activity levels (what works best for them).

I've hidden my fat intake because I don't want to know, I work in fast food and eat it 5-7 days a week, sometimes twice a day (sometimes all 5 times a day). I'm still loosing weight, I just don't see a reason to stress more about something that's not practical for me to change. I see people on here mentioning they fell guilty because they ate this or that, or went over on such and such, and I just don't see a reason to inflict that on yourself if you can help it. So if it bothers you that you always go over on sugar or whatever, change it or hide it as long as what you're doing works for you and you feel good and have energy.