tips for exercises to do at work (in an office)?

Options
Hi everyone,

like alot of people, I am stuck in an office daily from 9.30am to 6pm (sometimes even later) and I am wondering if there is any way I can get some sneaky exercises in? At the moment I just stand up and stretch every once in a while (my work chair is very uncomfortable) and the only walking oportunity I get is to go for a wee or get a drink!

Any one got any sneaky exercises you can do subtly whilts at the computer? Maybe butt clenches or ab squeezes?

Would be great to hear any suggestions!

Thanks! x

Replies

• dawgmom81
    dawgmom81 Posts: 1
    Options
    I am interested in this as well!!:happy:
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    Haha this sounds silly but I do butt clenches, and when I'm in the break room heating up my lunch, I do leg lifts and squats (if no one else is in there with me!) So i get a couple of reps in every day, in the middle of the day. I've heard people doing standing crunches in the rest room, but i would definitely be interested to hear any other tips people might have!
  • lovetowrite73
    lovetowrite73 Posts: 1,244 Member
    Options
    This may sound crazy but every 2-3 hours (depending on my workload), I will get down and do push-ups to fatigue. My area is enclosed so nobody can see me. Not sure how feasible that is. I also never slouch in or lean against the backrest of my chair. I sit up straight and hold my core in.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    BUMP
  • Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Since your chair is so uncomfortable switch it out with a balance ball!
  • Rocknsynchrogrl
    Options
    Haha this sounds silly but I do butt clenches, and when I'm in the break room heating up my lunch, I do leg lifts and squats (if no one else is in there with me!) So i get a couple of reps in every day, in the middle of the day. I've heard people doing standing crunches in the rest room, but i would definitely be interested to hear any other tips people might have!

Standing Crunches? How do you do a standing crunch?
  • olag00
    olag00 Posts: 222
    Options
    If you have a sturdy enough chair, you can do chair dips. Just sit in your chair and put your hands on the arm rest and lift. Go until failure.

Leg extensions. Really concentrate on flexing the quads while extended.

Put your purse, man purse, breifcase, or use your hands to press on your knees and do calf raises.

For core, do ab flexes. Sit in chair and concentrate on tightening your stomach and bend just a tad to get a full contraction.
  • Karyn1120
    Karyn1120 Posts: 184 Member
    Options

Standing Crunches? How do you do a standing crunch?

Yes, how do you do a standing crunch!!

I'm sitting in an office all day too.....any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
  • Shizzman
    Shizzman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    FitDeck has an office version that you could check out. In general just try simple things...take the stairs as much as you can, calf raises, air chairs/squats, just general body weight stuff that doesn't require getting down on the floor...
  • sblair77
    sblair77 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I keep hand weights on my desk and do air punches when I am waiting for things to print. I also walk the long way (around the entire second floor and down the stairs and back up) to the bathroom and kitchen REALLY fast once every hour to refill my water. Before I leave my office I close the door and do 50 push ups against the wall. I play good music and dance in my chair while I am working just to keep some movement and me from leaning back against my chair to keep my core tight.
  • jady121584
    jady121584 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
  • RozeGod
    RozeGod Posts: 118
    Options
    I used to bring a yoga mat to work with me and use a DVD on breaks- or just lunges/squats and kept 10 lb hand weights under my desk -