Hiya all... 1 week in.

Options
Hi all,

I am a 42yo father of 2 from Melbourne, Australia....

I was looking for programs on my new iPhone to help me lose some weight, and after a couple of false starts, I came across MFP... exactly what I was looking for... especially since it has lots of Aussie specific things... it was the only one that had Vegemite as a food :laugh:

I have done Weight Watchers in the past, but things got busy when my 2nd child was born and I couldn't make the meetings any more.... which was sad, since it was working so well.

Anyway, my kids are older now and I have the time to do things the right way now.... so it is time to do it.

Love the site so far, especially the Success Stories, motivation from other people's pictures helps an enormous amount. I took some before pictures... I am looking forward for my own chance to be able to use them to provide motivation to someone else :)

I am probably well outnumbered being a man, but I hope to be able to both contribute, and draw from the community to help get where I want to be. :tongue:

oh... speaking of that... I have 25kg (55lb) to lose, so lets get cracking. Feel free to say Hi or whatever... we can all use as much help along the way as we can get.

Also interested to know if there are any other Aussie men who inhabit the message boards here.

Cheers,
Shane