What should be my goal weight?

Options
I'm 20, 5"2ish and 142lb, wondered what kinda UGW I should go for?

Was thinking around 99-101lb but would that be too far? idk.

Replies

• Melbel85
    Melbel85 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    According to BMI you should be between 101-136 for a normal, healthy weight
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    102 lbs would put you at the very low end of the healthy range of BMI. I would shoot for 110-115 and see how you feel there. Don't try to get too low, because that can be unhealthy as well.

Good luck!

(I used the NIH BMI calculator to find this at http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/ if you want to play with the numbers yourself.)
  • Tracey_Smith
    Tracey_Smith Posts: 199
    Options
    Rather than look for a big amount, why not break it down to smaller goals, say 10lb at a time. That way you may reach your goal and find it's not so low?
  • running_mom
    running_mom Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 1 and aiming for 115-120. Right now I'm hovering between 130-135. I don't know if I could go lower but would want to! But even at my lowest in high school I was 110. Then you add kids into the mix and my body isn't the same.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Depends what you want to look like and what your body will let you weigh. I personally wouldnt want to be too small, I would like to intimidate people with my *cough* muscles. ( i dont really have any showing just yet...) lol
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I think Jillian Michaels is about 5'2 and between 115-120.
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I agree with Tracey_Smith. Go for small goals and as you reach each one you can re-evaluate and see how you feel and look.

My girlfriend always says... too much of a good thing is too much. In your case, too much weight loss is too much... take it slow and listen to your body!
  • mamadragon
    mamadragon Posts: 110
    Options
    you don't want to go too low or you will start to feel bad as look too thin.... check your BMI and go from there. I see others have already posted your BMI. The small goals is a great idea!!
  • janel814
    janel814 Posts: 88
    Options
    In my opinion it is not really about the weight. I have a very athletic frame, I'm 5'3" and I am shooting for 135-140; however, if I get to 150 and look really healthy then I will do my best to maintain there. This would be a question to ask your doctor since they can also say if you are healthy. When I was 190 my doctor suggested that I lose some weight but that I was rather healthy to be that weight.

Good luck in your decision.
  • brph26
    brph26 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    If I were you, I would get down to 115-120 and then re-evaluate. If you are happy with your body at that weight, then stay there. If not, then just lose some more. I definitely wouldn't go under 100 lbs though, probably stay at least around 105 for your height if even that low. Basically, see how your body responds to the initial weight loss.

Hopefully that all made sense. lol