chocolate

Options
What is this healthy dark chocolate that people talk about eating if you must eat chocolate. I would like to have some incase I get an uncontrollable urge. It's not just the Special Dark Chocolate Bar.......right? Also where can this dark chocolate be purchased at? What is the name that I should look for?

Replies

• helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just buy 70-90% coco dark choc. I buy any make, whatever on offer
    x
  • choughton01
    choughton01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I just buy 70-90% coco dark choc. I buy any make, whatever on offer
    x

How do you know it's 70 -90% coco dark choc?
  • pmills60
    pmills60 Posts: 11
    Options
    I buy the Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate miniatures. I buy a bag and keep it in the draw just in case I have a chocolate craving...1 piece is 40 calories...and seems to be enough to satisfy the chocolate craving.
  • iamMaLisa
    iamMaLisa Posts: 278 Member
    Options
  • bzmom
    bzmom Posts: 1,332 Member
    Options
    There is also Hershey's dark chocolate cocoa powder to add to your shake/milk I believe its only 20 calories for 1tbsp. I added to my protein shake.
  • liveforfit
    liveforfit Posts: 39
    Options
    Lindt has the percent of cocoa on the chocolate bar wrapper. The higher you go, the healthier it is. But it will also be a little more bitter. I like 70% but also keep 90% on hand.
  • shonasteele
    shonasteele Posts: 473
    Options
    Any chocolate bar that says at least 70% cocoa is the good stuff. Most of them say it really big right on the front, you won't have to look at the fine print or the ingredient list or anything. Apparently the cocoa content makes it good for you, but more importantly (for me) is that it is so rich and dark that you just take small bites and savour them really slowly so you eat WAY less than you would horking down a chocolate bar!

Someone (sorry can't think of the brand) makes one that is chili & dark chocolate which sounds bizarre but is actually really good. It just has this little zippy extra zing. And I think the extra zip makes me not eat as much too.
  • choughton01
    choughton01 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Any chocolate bar that says at least 70% cocoa is the good stuff. Most of them say it really big right on the front, you won't have to look at the fine print or the ingredient list or anything. Apparently the cocoa content makes it good for you, but more importantly (for me) is that it is so rich and dark that you just take small bites and savour them really slowly so you eat WAY less than you would horking down a chocolate bar!

Someone (sorry can't think of the brand) makes one that is chili & dark chocolate which sounds bizarre but is actually really good. It just has this little zippy extra zing. And I think the extra zip makes me not eat as much too.

I've had chocolate with a zippy flavor when I was in Mexico. In fact most of there chocolate seemed like that and really bitter. It totally explains why my mexican husband does not like our chocolate. LOL I know where to get that kind of chocolate and getting ready to go pick some up.:smile: