Bob Harper Inside Out Method

Options
Has anyone tried this DVD? If so, what kind of results did you see?

I bought it over the weekend and did the "easy" routine on Sunday & Monday. I decided to try the 60 minute- which is really 70 minutes routine last night. I can usually keep up with the person doing the harder routine for at least half of the workout when I do Jillian's workouts. There was no way I could keep up with that person during Bob's routine! A mother of 4 with legs and abs of steel! There was sweat pouring off of me within 15 minutes. He lets his people take 15 second water breaks but he works them HARD! There were sweat puddles in front of them and he actually pointed that out to the cameras. I did the whole workout but I'm kind of scared because I am not sore at all. I thought my arms would be limp noodles today. So far, nothing.

Replies

• CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    Haven't seen the video... now I'm curious! :D But, I can tell you that being sore is not always an indicator. If you worked out, you did something. If you aren't sore, that's okay and usually means you are drinking enough water. Also, the soreness may hit you tomorrow. You never can tell. There CAN actually be gain without so much pain... so keep it up!!
  • CountryGrrrrl
    Options
    Haven't seen the video... now I'm curious! :D But, I can tell you that being sore is not always an indicator. If you worked out, you did something. If you aren't sore, that's okay and usually means you are drinking enough water. Also, the soreness may hit you tomorrow. You never can tell. There CAN actually be gain without so much pain... so keep it up!!
  • HeatherFeather10
    Options
    Okay I just googled it and those DVD's look insane!!!
    Which one are you doing? Cardio? Strength? Yoga?
    I think I am gonna buy them!!!
  • concealedpearl
    Options
    Oh I have done that strength video...which is actually more than 60minutes. It is extremely tough but I love doing it. Even the 20 minute version is quite tough. At the end of it I do feel all my muscles getting stronger. It is my to go to strength video.

Yeah my favourite part is when he says "she has four kids and none of them are adopted" classic.

It depends on the weights you are using, sometimes I feel sore when I use heavier weights the day after.

I recommend not doing this video two days in a row. Give your muscles a day to relax.
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

I did drink tons of water afterward so maybe it helped. We will see how I feel tonight.
  • Septembergirl23
    Options
    Okay I just googled it and those DVD's look insane!!!
    Which one are you doing? Cardio? Strength? Yoga?
    I think I am gonna buy them!!!

The one I am doing is definitely strength. It is all about the weights and lunges. Your heart rate definitely rises so there is cardio but it is not like doing a Jillian circuit with scheduled cardio.
  • Septembergirl23
    Options
    Oh I have done that strength video...which is actually more than 60minutes. It is extremely tough but I love doing it. Even the 20 minute version is quite tough. At the end of it I do feel all my muscles getting stronger. It is my to go to strength video.

Yeah my favourite part is when he says "she has four kids and none of them are adopted" classic.

It depends on the weights you are using, sometimes I feel sore when I use heavier weights the day after.

I recommend not doing this video two days in a row. Give your muscles a day to relax.

Thank you for the advice! Did you lose weight or see a change in your measurements? I'm trying to break a plateau. Zig zagging calories isn't working as well for me as it has other people.
  • concealedpearl
    Options

Thank you for the advice! Did you lose weight or see a change in your measurements? I'm trying to break a plateau. Zig zagging calories isn't working as well for me as it has other people.

I'm trying the zig zag thing and it seems to not real work for me either. I was doing a lot of cardio but now I want to try more strength training so I will be doing Bob's strength video atleast 4 times a week to see a big weight drop. I've been going up and down with the same 4lbs for the past two months which is quite frustrating. But I'm sticking it to it and not giving up. Good luck
  • Septembergirl23
    Options
    For anyone wondering about this DVD... After sitting at a desk most of the day I can say I am a little sore. :)