Let's talk thighs.....

Options

Replies

• mrb_9110
    mrb_9110 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6", 150.4 and pear-shaped with 23.5 in thighs and I'm hoping to lose at least another inch.
  • TXHunny84
    TXHunny84 Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    When I last measured I weighed 146.5 pounds and my thigh was 24 inches.... Hope this helps some...
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 6. 154 pounds, and my thighs are 20.5 inches right smack in the middle..maybe a little higher. Is that where we measure? I carry my weight in my butt and thighs but I teach spinning so my legs get worked OUT. :-D
  • getfitdiva
    getfitdiva Posts: 1,148 Member
    Options
    I am definitely a pear shape. I have lost a couple of inches on my thighs. When I was 158 lbs my thighs were 23". Now I am 133.4 my thighs L-21" and R-21.5" (have no idea why they are different). I'm working to get down to at least 20" which would probably match the weight I'm working to get down to.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I am 5ft 6. 154 pounds, and my thighs are 20.5 inches right smack in the middle..maybe a little higher. Is that where we measure? I carry my weight in my butt and thighs but I teach spinning so my legs get worked OUT. :-D

I've always measured at the widest point of the thigh.
  • aaaron00
    aaaron00 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7 140ish pounds now... lost 30 pounds within the last 6 months. Altho my upper body is quite thin, my thighs are currently a whopping 24.5 inches. They've gone down considerably since I've lost weight & I've gotten rid of most of the cellulite so I don't look so much like a fat Squidward anymore lol. I've always had enormous muscular thighs compared to most girls.. even as a toddler! It's definitely genetics. Hopefully they will shrink somewhat as I get closer to my goal weight (125). I am like the epitome of a pear
  • Heartandsoul72
    Options
    My goodness,I don't think any of you know what fat thighs are LOL!
    Mine measure 30" at the widest part!
    I would KILL for 25" inch thighs!
    :huh:
  • msleanlegs
    msleanlegs Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    When I envision me at my goal weight, my thighs are 19" (sometimes 18, if I feel really spunky). Reality is, at my lowest weight (108 lbs) my thighs were 20.75". I was squatting and running my heart out and eating a high protein diet, but I couldn't get those thighs to budge any further.
  • Guinevere117
    Guinevere117 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" and weight 115~116 lbs. My right thigh is 20.5 inches and my left one is 20 inches.
  • changergirl
    Options
    At my heaviest, which was about 220 pounds, my thighs were 28.5". I currently weigh 188 and my thighs come in at 27.5" for the right and 27" for the left. An inch-inch and a half for every 30 pounds doesn't seem right, oh well. I'm pear shaped and my family all have huge thighs no matter how big the rest of them are.
  • getyourbeans
    getyourbeans Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    My thighs are currently around 22.5" at their widest part. I'm 5'7 and about 155lbs. My problem with my thighs is their "texture" (read - rippling at the back!) although in the past when I've gotten smaller, my thighs do always shrink, too. Unfortunately, just above my knee and the widest point of my calves are both 16 inches - and don't seem to be doing much shrinking - so I'm starting to get worried about ending up with solid trunk legs! I am trying to focus more now though on learning to live with what I've got :-)
  • christabel6
    christabel6 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I currently weigh 170, aiming to be below 150, and my thigh at its widest point is 57cm or 22 inches.

But I have a different body shape from you - put on most of my weight round my middle and have always had reasonably slim legs. I also cycle, not much, just as commuting, but enough to keep the muscles in shape. For saggy inner thighs which cycling doesn't touch, pilates or aerobics works well.

Good luck with your goals!
  • Kateycan
    Kateycan Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm currently 129.5lbs and the 'widest' part of my thigh is 22 inches, the middle of my thighs is 20. Just under my butt my thigh is 23...I dunno if thats where it's supposed to be measured? Sigh all this measurement stuff confuses me!
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Im 5'8.5"....my thighs are at 22.5/23 right now. Hoping to keep toning them with Insanity. I like my thick thighs...unless im going swimsuit shopping lol.
  • blobby10
    blobby10 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm pleased with my thighs until I get to the top - where the fat has collected and juts out enough to rest a small cup and saucer on! It's the bane of my life as it means however much I work on my legs and bum I can never look good in trousers or tight fitting skirts. Control pants don't help as they don't pull it in enough. My only hope will be liposuction but as I'm 43 now, I don't think i will ever be vain enough to warrant the expense!

X
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    hi im 5"6 141 pds and thighs 21 inches and age 39 Goodluck with your weight loss you can do it xx
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I am 5' 5" and I weigh 151. My thighs measured last at 21".
  • Tatiyanya
    Tatiyanya Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    5.6 , weight 145lbs. Thighs at widest part are lil bit over 20" . Hour glass figure but used to be a dancer in me teenager years and then carried 120kg on em...so I can kick grown man through the wall :3
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11.5" [I always just up it to 6' hehe] and my thighs are 22.5 inches. Well, my left one in. My right one is 22.25 inches.

Thighs seem like the last to go for me, same with hips. But they are only going to get so thin, depending on your build and what you're doing. I am a horseback rider, hence the muscular legs. I wouldn't mind slimmer/leaner thighs, however that is an unrealistic goal for me. :(

This is encouraging for me! I am 6'1" and 194lbs (gw 170). My thighs are 27". I carry most of my weight in my thighs and booty. It's nice to hear they could get down to the low 20s! We can do this girls!