What size would you say I am?

Options
Hi there,

I am from a country that uses different clothes sizes. The last time I went clothes shopping was about 2 monthss ago and I had just had my 4th baby. I didn't like the size clothes I had to go for as my belly was still very swollen but now it is alot flatter and those clothes are now too big thank god.

Anyway I have no idea what size I am in America and will be going to the shops with a skinny friend of mine next week and I don't want to start picking up clothes that are too small! so I know different body shapes yada yada yada but your best guesstimate please

I am 5.6 and now weight 166lbs.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

I am from a country that uses different clothes sizes. The last time I went clothes shopping was about 2 monthss ago and I had just had my 4th baby. I didn't like the size clothes I had to go for as my belly was still very swollen but now it is alot flatter and those clothes are now too big thank god.

Anyway I have no idea what size I am in America and will be going to the shops with a skinny friend of mine next week and I don't want to start picking up clothes that are too small! so I know different body shapes yada yada yada but your best guesstimate please

Height and weight are not enough to figure this out, you need measurements as well. At that height and weight I would guess anywhere from a size 8 to a size 20, depending on your BF%, among other measurements.
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    Hi there,

prolly a 10 or 12
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    What country are you in and what size are you in that country? There's conversion charts readily available for most size schemes.
  • jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    I'll guess 10! Just a guess though! :happy:
  • jvujevich78
    Options
    Hi Grace,

Lovely name, so lovely in fact I named my daughter that! Well, first off, welcome to America! I am about 5'7" and I am now (thanks to myfitnesspal) am 148.1, BUT I was 167 when I started. I was in a size 14 jeans. But I am small in the tummy and large in the hips. I am total pear shape. 14 worked best for me.

Good luck!!
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I'd say a 9 or 11(10-12 even sizes) depending on your body shape.
  • heatherdoll40
    heatherdoll40 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'd start trying on 10/12, you may be larger or smaller depending on your *uh*...well when I was 160 I wore 10 but had trouble pulling them up big hips and thighs:blushing:
  • cozyann888
    cozyann888 Posts: 12
    Options
    I am that exact height and weight and I am in a size10
  • silveryflutterby
    Options
    Hi there,

Height and weight are not enough to figure this out, you need measurements as well. At that height and weight I would guess anywhere from a size 8 to a size 20, depending on your BF%, among other measurements.

It does vary and I couldn't tell you either, but 20???!!!! Not likely...I wasn't even a size 20 at 5'8" and 245!!! That guy's off....
  • ♥♥YoungMrs♥♥
    Options
    Im 5'7 and 161 lbs and I wear a between10-12
  • KAB0
    KAB0 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am similar height and weight. 5'5", 160#. Like mentioned, there are alot of variables, but I would guess starting with a size 12 womens. Clothes are all sized differently too.
    For comparison, I wear mostly 10s or 12s in pants, and 12s in tops (I have small hips, med waist and larger chested).
    go for the larger clothes first, then you can feel good about yourself if you have to go for a smaller size. :smile:
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Start at a size 10. I'm a size 8, but when trying on clothes I've noticed that the sizes are all over the place especially if you are shopping with different brands at one store. I was even trying on Levis in a size 8 and picked the same style, but a different color and the 12 didn't even fit???? Go figure...to say the least I didn't buy them!!!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I would say size 12-14 because most jeans run on the small size and depends on the cut of the jeans. We are the same height so that is what size i was wearing when i weighed that amount.