Lo cal Fast Food Pasta

Options
I am at work and craving pasta for lunch. Does anyone know of any restaurant chains that have it without too many crazy calories?

Replies

• HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    not sure where you are, but i dont personally know of any fast food chains that have pasta. maybe something like a jason's deli i think has a pasta salad. if i ever crave pasta, i get a lean cuisine version. sodium kills you but i doubt you will find "low cal" pasta anywhere else. good luck!!
  • myanko
    myanko Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Try noodles and company if you have one of those around you. Also what I do when I am going out is search names of restaurants on the add foods area and see what foods interest me at that place. That way when I search the data base I can find out what foods are low cal, etc. For example I just went to add to lunch...typed Noodles and Company and searched their foods. Works pretty slick that way I don't have to guess when I am going out. I usually look at the MFP site and then decide based on nutritional content what looks and sounds good from that.
    Enjoy your lunch out. It is hard to eat Pasta and keep low calories no matter what. Good luck
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    No matter what...pasta is going to be loaded with calories. Just a small 2 ounce serving has around 200 calories. We have a restaurant called Ruby Tuesdays (not fast food...but a sit down restaurant) where I live that serves spaghetti squash in addition to pasta. Marinara sauce will be fewer calories than a heavy Alfredo sauce. I know that isn't going to help you find a fast food restaurant today for lunch probably...but maybe you can try spaghetti squash sometime instead of pasta.
  • goingcrazy73
    goingcrazy73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I did find a kids portion at Corner Bakery for around 300. I may just do that. I dont have any of those other restaurants you mentioned around me.
  • goingcrazy73
    goingcrazy73 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Went to Corner Bakery and started to order Half Moon Ravoli...then I was talking to the cashier and asked about getting a to go box to put half of it in...the cashier said they have a Cafe Version that is half the order...and so half the calories. So I got to have a filling pasta and garlic bread for under 500 calories!! Plus when I got the nutritional info it has a website of Corner Bakery options for under 600 calories. www.100under600.com