Stronger Better Faster Sept 27

Options
Happy Saturday, people! (Sunday for you barefoot!:wink: )
I'm so glad it's the weekend! I'm sure you all are too. I told my husband he HAS to help me watch what I eat today! I am going to try to get Shred in today. I may work on my car and sand on my son's bed. I have a lot of projects that I really need to be getting done! And I have to clean for company tonight.
Good news for me! I measured this morning, just to do it and strangely enough I've lost 1/2 off my waist and another 1/2 off my hips. I have no idea how! The scale is the same or a little higher but who cares? So my loss has given me new hope and motivation.
I hope you all woke up feeling good and motivated this morning! Off to get a healthy breakfast! :bigsmile:

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Happy Saturday, people! (Sunday for you barefoot!:wink: )
    I'm so glad it's the weekend! I'm sure you all are too. I told my husband he HAS to help me watch what I eat today! I am going to try to get Shred in today. I may work on my car and sand on my son's bed. I have a lot of projects that I really need to be getting done! And I have to clean for company tonight.
    Good news for me! I measured this morning, just to do it and strangely enough I've lost 1/2 off my waist and another 1/2 off my hips. I have no idea how! The scale is the same or a little higher but who cares? So my loss has given me new hope and motivation.
    I hope you all woke up feeling good and motivated this morning! Off to get a healthy breakfast! :bigsmile:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options

Yay! Inches lost. (maybe it's the shred and the pushups. . .I find on that last set or two, I really feel my core working to keep my form .)

Today I have a session with my trainer, so I'm doing weights. Yesterday, I recorded nothing but ate really well. I felt satisfied, and there were several things I didn't finish throughout the day. I'm also going to do my pushups this evening. (hopefully I can get through them after working out earlier in the day)

It's a very gloomy, rainy day out. . .so hopefully I can get some work done.

Take care of yourselves!:flowerforyou:
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome MM!! Congrats!!

Congrats Viv with your goal as well! Thats great!

Yesterday I didnt go see my grandpa.. I had my grandma with me and he didnt want to see her :noway: What a baby hahah I did go for a bike ride however but only burned around 200cals. Today I am going to see him and then we will go for our walk and go out for lunch. Today is the start of my husbands and my challenge. I hope to make it 2 weeks without going over my cals again once. If I can I want to buy new clothes. If he wins he gets $200 to buy another gun he wants.

The last challenge I did win... But we didnt have the money to get my hair straightener because of the house haha
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    So I'm reading "Intuitive Eating" by Tribole & Resch. It was written in the 90s and seems slightly dated, especially the photo on the front, but so far, so good. It has lines like: "Sandra had hit diet bottom. By now, however, she was more obsessed with food and her body than ever...What she didn't realize was that it was the process of dieting that had done this to her. Dieting had made her more preoccupied with food. Dieting made food the enemy. Dieting had made her feel guilty when she wasn't eating diet-type foods...Dieting had slowed her metabolism."

So I see the dietician that wants me to do "Intuitive Eating" in 3 weeks. Just in the first chapter I realized I was terrified of going off a diet. I've already gained weight this week and the thought of not counting calories scares me. But, hey, it hasn't been working for 4 months now. Why am I afraid? What is so scary about eating like a normal person? I know I won't count calories the rest of my life, so I guess I need this plan.

So anyway, yesterday I did an hour on the bike and an hour on the elliptical. Today I'm going to the gym as my allergies are getting to me. I will also do some treadmill walking.

Have a great weekend, y'all.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    So I'm reading "Intuitive Eating" by Tribole & Resch. It was written in the 90s and seems slightly dated, especially the photo on the front, but so far, so good. It has lines like: "Sandra had hit diet bottom. By now, however, she was more obsessed with food and her body than ever...What she didn't realize was that it was the process of dieting that had done this to her. Dieting had made her more preoccupied with food. Dieting made food the enemy. Dieting had made her feel guilty when she wasn't eating diet-type foods...Dieting had slowed her metabolism."

So I see the dietician that wants me to do "Intuitive Eating" in 3 weeks. Just in the first chapter I realized I was terrified of going off a diet. I've already gained weight this week and the thought of not counting calories scares me. But, hey, it hasn't been working for 4 months now. Why am I afraid? What is so scary about eating like a normal person? I know I won't count calories the rest of my life, so I guess I need this plan.

So anyway, yesterday I did an hour on the bike and an hour on the elliptical. Today I'm going to the gym as my allergies are getting to me. I will also do some treadmill walking.

Have a great weekend, y'all.

oh.my.god. I'm "Sandra". And yeah, that "it hasn't been working. so why am I afraid?" is also me. I've been logging faithfully for over a year now, and I weigh exactly the same as when I started logging. I went down briefly, but looking back at the logs. . .there was a short period (my ill-conceived raw food phase) where I was netting like 900 calories a day. . .so. . .of course I lost weight. . .I was starving myself!

I've been thinking a lot more about "long term" and "rest of my life eating". I think I'm going to try to get a copy of that book, Mary. . .maybe we can start being "intuitive" together.:flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options

oh.my.god. I'm "Sandra". And yeah, that "it hasn't been working. so why am I afraid?" is also me. I've been logging faithfully for over a year now, and I weigh exactly the same as when I started logging. I went down briefly, but looking back at the logs. . .there was a short period (my ill-conceived raw food phase) where I was netting like 900 calories a day. . .so. . .of course I lost weight. . .I was starving myself!

I've been thinking a lot more about "long term" and "rest of my life eating". I think I'm going to try to get a copy of that book, Mary. . .maybe we can start being "intuitive" together.:flowerforyou:

It was at my library. Looks like they updated it in 2003, so I might try to get that copy
    http://www.amazon.com/Intuitive-Eating-Revolutionary-Program-Works/dp/0312321236/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222529129&sr=8-1

I don't know if there is a special Amazon in Canada or not, but the used price was only $6.
  • Carrie6o6
    Carrie6o6 Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    Sheesh, my day never works out the way I plan! Seems most things dont! I lost my fourth set of car keys... They were my last set as well... I couldnt go see my grandpa.. Today we decided to start packing. We've changed our contest too. Instead of new clothes for me and $200 for him... We've set aside $100, and who ever can last the longest (2 weeks minimum) gets the $100 to spend on what they want. Im thinking a hair cut since theres really no point in buying new clothes!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    My days don't turn out the way I plan either. No Shred for me today. I'm beat!!! I have not changed rear brakes on a car in YEARS! For the last 4 hours that's what I have been doing! I'm pretty rusty and the car was giving us some trouble, but my hubby is happy now because his car stops! Now it's on to making dinner and finishing up cleaning before our company arrives in two hours. I really wish we had money to buy dinner for our guests. I really don't feel like doing anything! I'm so sore! Maybe my hubby can at least vacuum. He is grilling so that helps. I have nothing on the agenda for tomorrow.
    Anybody have any idea how many calories I burned today? :laugh: