I'm cheating on Facebook! :o)

Options
2»

Replies

• Cherilea
    Cherilea Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    It's like I've had this friend for a long time and the friend is really cool...but then I met a new friend. The new friend and I have WAY more in common than the old friend. The old friend called and wanted to hang out...I told them I was busy. Now they're suspicious. Saying things like, "I saw a new app on your phone, what's that about?" Dare I tell the truth? Should I confess that I've found a friend who has my best interest in mind? Do I admit that I really DON'T like to log on and see how much people hate their lives and all they do is complain? Will I admit that my feelings have changed? That's it me and not them? Or do I live the double life? Playing both ends of the rope? (blank stare into space like they do on the soap operas)

What a great post!! Although I haven't totally ditched my old friend, this new friend (we share) is so much more better. I think it's about time top sit the old friend down and tell 'em the truth. That way you, and your new friend, can officially go public and no more hiding around!! :laugh:
  • ladybugz_247
    ladybugz_247 Posts: 120
    Options
    & you know what.. facebook is a bad influence..lol Most of my friends are in their early to mid 30's and they are always posting pictures of them having drinks and partying.. not to mention pictures of their yummy I mean gross meals... hahaha I'd much rather be on here getting my workout on, eating healthy and enjoying friends that don't need any favors =)
  • aksteve
    aksteve Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    LOL, This is the coolest app for health and fitness. FB just can't compare. Sometimes we just have to move on in life to move ahead. Good luck with reaching you fitness goals. I've lost 30 Lbs since I started using this app. It wasn't easy at first but got easier as time progressed.
  • FabOma08
    FabOma08 Posts: 500
    Options
    You shake away the fog, stand tall, and proudly admit it! I'm seeing someone else! Someone who cares for me like you never did and I'm glad, I tell you, GLAD to have found my new friend and I'm strong enough to shout it to the world.....I LOVE MFP!!!!!
  • ksharon22
    ksharon22 Posts: 111
    Options
    I feel the same way! I've been on here way more than on Facebook. Who wouldn't love MFP?! I talk it up all the time when people ask what I've been doing: "Working hard exercising, eating right and logging my calories and exercise on this great website and app for my phone called MyFitnessPal! Tons of great support from real people who have the same goals! You should check it out." Why keep this awesome thing a secret--share it with everyone!
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I was getting bored with FB anyways, and was not logging on as much. I do like MFP better, just wish it functioned a little more like FB with auto refreshing and letting you know when someone posted on your links. Here, I have to go to my profile and check for responses more.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Not really a FB fan, but totally addicted to MFP!!!! The support is so helpful! I'm always open for new friends too if anyone wants to add me :smile:
  • mom111997
    mom111997 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    FWB !!! I LOVE it !!!
  • mom111997
    Options
    I feel the same way - the only reason I get on facebook anymore is because everything I post on here is automatically posted on my facebook page.

By the way... those of you who don't know me... I have created my own little weight loss group on facebook and have the settings set so that everything on there is very private! Look for us at Ourlittle Girlblog if you'd like to join us!! A lot of the people on there are on WW or are doing some other kind of plan, but we're all in the same boat with the same goals.
  • mom111997
    Options
    I feel the same way - the only reason I get on facebook anymore is because everything I post on here is automatically posted on my facebook page.

By the way... those of you who don't know me... I have created my own little weight loss group on facebook and have the settings set so that everything on there is very private! Look for us at Ourlittle Girlblog if you'd like to join us!! A lot of the people on there are on WW or are doing some other kind of plan, but we're all in the same boat with the same goals.
  • divades
    divades Posts: 145
    Options
    Haha - I feel the same way!! Strangely, I feel closer and more connected to my friends on MFP, none of which I know personally, than to the 300 plus friends (people I know personally) on Facebook (with the exception of my closest friends & family).
  • LizC26
    LizC26 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    My feelings exactly!!! MFP is so much more fun, even if I don't know you guys!!!
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Same here! Its so much more positive. Between MFP and Twitter, I'm never on FB
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Lol I feel exactly the same.. its this dual-purpose social networking that mfp offers that fb doesn't!!
  • rorosaw
    rorosaw Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    My feelings exactly!!! MFP is so much more fun, even if I don't know you guys!!!

Exactly!! Have met some of the best people on here--some clear across the world. I love it!
  • Mekob25
    Mekob25 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I agree, I like my new friend better because we have so much more in common!!! :tongue: :wink:
  • caexi
    caexi Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    This is funny. I was just talking about this with the BF the other day... I told him that MFP was like Facebook, but with a purpose! I haven't really touched my facebook lately, it's almost like a chore to log in there. Here we have a common goal, and on Facebook everything is so self-involved, and even negative a lot of the time. I'd rather be talking with positive people who care about each other than talk to a bunch of random people I went to high school with 10 years ago about nothing!
  • dnthaveasn
    dnthaveasn Posts: 113
    Options
    I feel the same way. I find myself going on FB less and less, but I'm on MFP all the time. I like my friends on here more than my FB friends. My friends on here are very supportive, and almost all of them have the same goals I do. I'm tired of the FB etiquette. I just told you happy birthday on the phone, so why do I have to do it on FB?
  • keiraev
    keiraev Posts: 695 Member
    Options
    So true- I go on here way more now & the great thing is a few of my dieting friends that I know in "real life" are on here too so we only bore each other with diet/gym related updates and dont have to inflict it on the rest of the world! Met some really supportive people on MFP too who have really helped my motivation- really wasn't expecting that at all.
  • Johannahall
    Options
    I'm with you on this mfp is way better than facebook