Polar HRM people!

Options
So, I'm looking into buying a HRM and it seems like most of you enjoy the Polar ones and they have pretty good reviews on Amazon as well. My only question is, do you guys know of any models that I can use to time 1 or 2 minute increments? I do a lot of circuit training and I still need that feature to be able to time myself. Reading the Amazon description of these watches hasn't really helped much...so any input would be great!

If I can't find one that does this, I'm thinking of just going with one of the arm band ones (body bugg maybe?) so that I can keep my watch that I literally just bought, haha.

Replies

• kristy_estes21
    kristy_estes21 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    FYI, if you have an Amazon card, they are currently offering 20% off sporting products. I just ordered a Polar FT4 for $53 this morning. :)
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    my hubby bought me my FT4 @ Sears this weekend....Huge discounts/sales going on!
  • aviduser
    aviduser Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    The Polar watches have a time count-up during exercise. You can use that to time your circuits, but you need to pay attention. It's not like a resetting auto countdown.

I happen to think that Polar makes the best HRMs out there and that they are worth the money. I have had two HRMs and one cycle computer (w HRM).
  • risefromruin
    risefromruin Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I actually see that they have some watches now with stopwatch capabilities but I was trying to buy one of the women's ones because I have a really small wrist. We'll see. I'm just trying to do my research so that I'm super happy with my purchase. I think I will end up going with a Polar though because everyone backs them pretty well!
  • keljo720
    keljo720 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7. I've only had it for a couple of weeks now and I LOVE it! When I read the user's manual, it did mention the stopwatch feature, however, I haven't tried it out yet.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar FT7 in black/gold and i love it! It really was one of the best investments I could have ever made.

Even tho it has a watch, I never wear it as an everyday watch.. mainly because it matches nothing that I own :)