Zumba question

Options
I really, really want to start zumba, but our local gym only offers it one day a week. Are there any really good DVDs? The ones that I've looked at are around $100. I hate to spend that much, but are there any other alternatives? Thanks in advance!

Replies

• BrieGoorts
    BrieGoorts Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    apparently theres Zumba for the wii haha, that would probably be around 50$
  • becci_momof2boys
    Options
    I go to a gym that offers it 3 times a week and I love it. I have also tried it on the Wii and it's pretty fun. My husband found some of the Zumba videos on Craigslist that someone was selling for about $40. You may want to try that. Good Luck! :)
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I'd start off trying some youtube searches to see if you like it first.
  • slimmedawn
    slimmedawn Posts: 33
    Options
    i have Zumba for the ps3 its a really good fun workout :)
  • Dunav29
    Dunav29 Posts: 1
    Options
    I have Zumba for Xbox 360! I am sure there are also dvd's...maybe rentable from your local library?!?!
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I use the Zumba for the Wii....still a great workout...last nigt i did the 45 minute workout and I burned around 460 cal per my HRM (I'm 5'4", 184lbs)...it a fun way to burn the calories :)
  • MichiBoop
    MichiBoop Posts: 2
    Options
    I go to the gym and do it 3 times a week but recently brought it for the playstation 3 worth a go
  • Denita
    Denita Posts: 28
    Options
    I LOVE Zumba!! If I were you, I would just try the one class a week to see if you like it. Once a week is better than nothing. :happy:
  • pbe21577
    pbe21577 Posts: 6
    Options
    I have Zumba for the Wii - I paid $40 or $45 for it at GameStop
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    There are many choices on Amazon.com. I ordered a beginning Zumba DVD for about $10 (I think) called Natural Journeys Dance Fitness for Beginners with MaDonna Grimes. It is fun. I also go to Curves and do Zumba 2 days a week.
  • ajl2
    ajl2 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    You can buy Zumba for pretty much any game system now. I have it for the Wii and I highly recommend it.
  • vox23
    vox23 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    The whole Zumba program is available online for $85 I believe or they are also sold in those "As seen on tv" or "Showcase" stores in the mall. I bought it and work out at least 4 days/week with them. You get 7 dvd's too. It's a great value!
  • nkrueger1
    nkrueger1 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    someone posted this a week ago 43 minute Zumba on you tube...it's free:

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?p=PL838CCE3FAEFEEBA7
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    My mom saw it on Ebay... a set of 4 different zumba workouts,brand new for $44 buy it now. We split the cost :0)
    Still waiting for them to come in the mail.

I tried out one class at a gym and it kicked my booty! I found out it wasn't for beginners after I took it. Other participants said that most new people leave after about 15 mins. and come back another time to try to add time to it.

I decided to use the dvd's to work up to the faster pace classes that I may attend in the future.
  • thurberj
    thurberj Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I started doing Zumba 1-2 days a week at the gym and LOVE it. The hour goes by so quickly and I hardly realize that I was exercising. I would like to do it more and since I now know the steps am probably going to investigate a DVD since I do not have a game system. I agree, try it at the gym first to see if you like it! Good luck:happy:
  • sheBB
    sheBB Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    I borrowed the set of 4 from the local library(here in Nova Scotia) not sure if you're able to do that where you're at but I love it. My sister has them as well. You can view it on, you tube, but be sure you like zumba before buying though, you wold not want to be out of that money. But I love it.
  • jesilva80
    jesilva80 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i got it off amazon for $60 , the set on the infomercial with the shake sticks