Hi all!

Options
I'm 5'1'' and currently weigh exactly 120 pounds. I've never been really overweight, although I've always been a little chubbier than I would like. Mentally, I've struggled with weight ever since junior high and I would go through these "healthy phases" where I would eat extremely healthy, exercise every day, and I would lose weight over the course of a few months - maybe 10 pounds or so; but inevitably, the "healthy" phase would end and I will start being horribly unhealthy, and sure enough, I'd gain all the weight back and sometimes more.

I'm sure there's a term for the kind of dieter I am - I don't know what it is, but I do know that whatever weight loss I achieve never sticks and I'm always just a little heavier than I would like, which has always been frustrating and is becoming even more so as I grow older.

Recently, I moved to a new city, fell into a funk, and gained about 20 pounds. I'm probably the heaviest I've ever been, and yet for the first time, I'm having a hard time getting into my "healthy phase", motivating myself to lose weight, to eat right, and to exercise. I seem to just be slipping, and I don't quite know how to stop. It's sort of taking over my life.

So I thought this site would be a good place to motivate myself and find some sort of support system. I want to not just to lose the weight this time, but to keep it off, to actually develop a healthy lifestyle that will stick. It seems like a lot to wish for right now, and I almost don't believe myself anymore when I tell myself that this time it'll be different. But you still gotta try right?