Walk In Someone Else's Shoes Challenge

Options
Hey guys, I thought I'd see if I could set up a different to challenge to the usual weight loss ones on here. This has probably been attempted on here before, but I couldn't seem to find anything similar, so thought I'd set this up.

The general premise is simple. For one week, you swap your exercise regime with a fellow MFP user of a similar fitness level. Participants will be divided in to 3 groups:

BEGINNER

Those new to MFP/fitness training and those who prefer to take it easier on the exercise front, or do slower paced exercise routines.

INTERMEDIATE

For people who have been fitness training for longer, or those that are pushing hard to lose weight in shorter time limits.

ADVANCED

For more hardcore workouts that really push your body. Mostly reserved for people that have been training for a long time and are close to their ideal weight or maintaining.

Now, obviously, these boundaries are very loose, and everyone has their own definition of what they consider a hard workout. After everyone has joined the group, I will make a new thread, and people will be paired off according to where they stand in the categories, and their own individual needs. Partners will be required to add each other as friends and swap their routine details with each other. At this stage, adjustments can be made to the workouts with the advice of your partner if you feel you have been mismatched. Also feel free to add me as a friend if you wish to get in contact about this.

Furthermore, it is clear that different people have varied exercise access. Please state any special equipment or environments required to perform your workout in your description. Feel free to add any extra requests, which I will try to see to if possible. NOTE: you do not have to disclose great details about your own exercise regimes as long as you specify equipment/environments required. I personally think this will make it more fun =P.

The overall goal here is to have fun and learn about new exercise regimes that could benefit your own. As the challenge is only for one week, I will not be expecting people to weigh in at the end of it. After the week has ended, I will make a discussion thread to see how everyone got along.

SUBMISSION DEADLINE: Friday 24th of June, Midnight (GMT). I will then sort out all participants and their partners the next day, and hopefully post up pairings on Sunday 26th.
CHALLENGE BEGINS: Monday 4th of June until Sunday 10th of July (inclusive).

Okay, phew. Here is my own submission that you can use as a template for yours:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Category: Intermediate
Special Requirements: Outside space/treadmill. An aerobics/circuit training video. Hand weights preferable but not necessary (I am doing 30DS). I also own an elliptical trainer which I am currently not using for work outs. NO GYM ACCESS.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys like my idea, get posting!

EDIT: I have changed the submission and start dates to allow for more time for people to submit their info, as I figured it was too short notice before.

Replies

• Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT! I'm in!

Category: Intermediate/Advanced
    Special Requirements: Outside space/treadmill (for running). Dumbbells. TurboFire and/or Supreme 90 dvd's. (or similar weight training and intense cardio dvd's)
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bump. No one else interested?
  • Adynata
    Adynata Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Ah well, no worries if no one else is interested then. I shall see about joining some other challenges.