help me switch up my diet

Options
mish2378
mish2378 Posts: 18 Member
I need help with getting more fresh things into my diet as well as switching things up and getting more protein in.

for today I had/ will be having

Breakfast - one boiled egg
light and fit - blueberry

Lunch/ snacks

moringstar farms veggie pattie
one sandwich flat
apple
pear
baby carrots with one wedge of laughing cow cheese
string cheese

dinner
grilled chicken with string beans
dessert skinny cow ice cream bar

I would love your ideas on things I should get rid of or change

Replies

• dawnblu
    dawnblu Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    last night I made pasta salad with whole wheat rotini, peppers, tomato, cucumbers, celery and fresh mushrooms. I mixed everything together and added some leftover buffalo chicken from the night before, then added ranch dressing.

I took the leftover pasta and veggies (without the chicken and ranch) and added deli turkey and balsamic vinaigrette for lunch today. Very crunchy, colorful and loaded with protien without a lot of calories. I feel full and hopefully won't need a snack this afternoon.

We've also been swapping our standard boxed/packaged side dish (like pasta or rice) for salad or a baked potato each night. It's healthier and has much less preservatives.

Good luck -
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    I try to eat a lot of protein, too. I would add something like Greek Yogurt instead of a piece of fruit. I also avoid things like Morningstar patties, etc because they tend to be heavily processed and instead opt for some fish or other type of protein. If you're a vegetarian, tofu can be delicious (I'm not a vegetarian any longer but I still love tofu!) and is far less processed. I'm a big fan of edamame - I buy it frozen, boil it, at some salt, and it's a cheap high-protein food that I find super delicious. I also try to opt for something like nuts instead of a lot of fruit to add more protein and take away some carbs.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Add some berries into your morning yogurt

I'm not a fan of the processed veggie burgers, maybe you could try making your own? Here are 2 recipes:
    http://www.dailygarnish.com/recipes?recipe_id=6000060&prev_term=burger
    http://www.dailygarnish.com/recipes?recipe_id=6000074&prev_term=burger