Another Newbie

Options
At the weekend I decided enough is enough, and it's time to lose weight. I've got over 100lbs to lose, but seriously want to do it, and my partner is joining me in my quest (although he's only got about 20lbs to lose). I'm hoping to find some support here, and to share the wins with people as well. For some reason, I'm not comfortable asking my friends and family for support on this - I guess because I've been overweight for so long, most people assume I'm happy that way. But I'm not, and so I'm turning to strangers who are in the same boat, or have been in the same boat for support and celebration and I'm offering up the same to whoever needs it.

Replies

• smvamp
    smvamp Posts: 32
    Options
    You can do it. I fall off...and get back on. But I'm refusing to give up this time...no matter WHAT. And the friends I have found on MFP has truly help keep me coming back. Take your time...you're gonna do it. This community is here to help!

Shelley
  • glamroxjax
    glamroxjax Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You got this! I have seen so many people get on this train, and while there can be stops, the end is always in site! Good luck!
  • jfer1977
    jfer1977 Posts: 139
    Options
    Welcome! I'm always here to offer support for people wanting to lose in a healthy manner. Feel free to add me. You will find a huge amount of support from the people on this site.
  • CodyD18
    CodyD18 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    We're here for you! You can do it but I'm going to warn you now, it's not going to be easy and it's not going to be fast. It's going to be a long journey and there are going to be plenty of times where you will want to quit. Try to learn as much as you can about nutrition and fitness because that will help you a lot along the way. Make sure you eat enough and have reasonable workouts too. You don't want to over train or starve. :)

You will feel so much better once you lose the weight though! Trust me! Good luck with your journey and don't give up!

Cody
  • tamalea
    tamalea Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. I saw you quit smoking - congrats. I've been there it's tough. :wink:
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! I have tried MANY diets and fads and pills etc.... This place seems to be working for me. I hold myself accountable and so do my friends. We support each other 100%! Please feel free to add me for support if you would like. Good luckt o you in your journey!