When you started c25k...

Options
2»

Replies

• Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am sooooo not a runner, but did week 5 day 1 yesterday and it was great - must admit I'm somewhat scared to take on day 2 and the 8 minute run. I'm super slow too - ran on a treadmill today in front of a full-length mirror and my top half is running, but my legs do look remarkably like they are walking...... I am slowly getting there and am surprised considering I couldn't do 60 seconds at first.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    This thread made me feel so much better! I'm starting c25k with one of my friends next week and I'm pretty nervous because she is in WAY better shape than I am, but I think we'll be able to do it! I just gotta push through the asthma and carry my inhaler with me!
    Don't try to keep up with her..trust me. My bf runs with me and he's a runner..I don't even bother trying to stay with him. Similarly, he doesn't try to stick with me, either, because he knows I know I'm painfully slow and it just looks torturous for him to stay with me. But in my experience, workout buddies that are in really good shape are good to have around; they motivate you by showing you what you can work up to eventually. And (again, in my experience), they don't make fun of you, which is always a plus.
  • funfitfoodie
    funfitfoodie Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I was in the same boat. I did W5D2 then got ill, took a week off, did W5D2 again and then the 20 minute run. Loads of people repeat weeks. Just take each day as it comes. Make sure you're having a good day before you tackle the 20 minute run. Don't stop... don't look at the timer... it's all mental!
  • Mommyof3texans
    Options
    I had not run since school either and only when I had to lol. I really haven't ever done much in the way of physical activity. I just completed the C25K program two days ago. I remember looking ahead when I started and also being scared of week 3 let alone the 20 minute run.

For me, I found that my body was prepared but that sometimes I had to mentally keep telling myself I could do it. It was sheer determination sometimes! I also found it easier to do if I used an app that beeped in my earphones when I needed to run or walk so that I wasn't watching the clock.
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I downloaded a free c25k podcast that has pretty good music and a lady that tells you when it's time to run/walk, so I don't look at my watch at all. However, that may change when I'm running for more than a couple minutes..haha.