What scares you or freaks you out?

Options
smason1284
smason1284 Posts: 25 Member
I just moved to Indiana in the end of April to live with my boyfriend.

I didn't take into account that since its warmer the spiders might be bigger too..:frown:

I am super afraid of spiders, like have miniature strokes every time I see one bigger than a dime.

I went to let my goat babies out this morning after the big thunderstorm was over and there was this HUGE spider in the mud room by the baseboard, with legs it was bigger than a 50 cent piece...I creeped around it and went out, when I came back in it had moved closer to the door I am pretty sure it was trying to get back outside.

I just checked the entire mud room and cant find it so I am pretty sure it went back outside probably through the garage since there isn't that good of a seal on the bottom of the door..

My boyfriend is an OTR and wont be home until Friday so I have no one to squish spiders for me...and I'm a sissy if I cant squish it with a flip flop I have a heart attack...or if it makes a crunch noise...oh lawd.

Since I couldn't get out for a bike ride today do you think my mini stroke from seeing that spider counts for burning calories? LOL :laugh:

I just needed to share I was freaked out completely!

Guess I can ask the question what freaks out or scares everyone else???

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have to say I love that you have baby goats, I want some so bad!

Afraid of? Hmmm.....I guess I would have to say I am most afraid of Humans......
  • RCKT82
    RCKT82 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Eating food that someone else has prepared.... and not knowing what ingredients were used... I hate not having contol over my macros!!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree with you more on the spiders!!!! When I lived by myself I use to just drop phone books on spiders....then I'd trip over all the phone books scattered around my apartment.
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Wasps in my shower ... fairly new fear. :sick:
  • slimmedawn
    slimmedawn Posts: 33
    Options
    CLOWNS!!!!!! Eeuuurgggh lol and spiders but im trying to deal with that one (by getting the dog to eat them hahahahaha)
  • mishelnkiki
    mishelnkiki Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    ide have to say pretty much all insects. especially ones that have 8 legs +! but mostly, the dark and silence. i sleep with a light on that i claim is for the kids, and i must have my fan on. those two things scare me more then anything else i think.
  • Karleyyy
    Karleyyy Posts: 857
    Options
    Crickets. Spiders. Ladybugs. Those giant mutant mosquitoes. June Bugs. I have goosebumps right now thinking about it....I was stuck in my room for 5 hours one time because a cricket crawled out of my closet, and behind something hanging off my door. :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown:

And yeah, pretty much all insects. I think the only things I am not afraid of are ants and flies....

I am also 100% terrified of the dark, someone breaking into my house, and getting kidnapped/murdered.
  • DaChozn
    DaChozn Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I am super afraid of spiders, like have miniature strokes every time I see one bigger than a dime.

My boyfriend is an OTR and wont be home until Friday so I have no one to squish spiders for me...and I'm a sissy if I cant squish it with a flip flop I have a heart attack...or if it makes a crunch noise...oh lawd.

Guess I can ask the question what freaks out or scares everyone else???

ROTFLMAO!!!! :laugh: :laugh: Those 2 sentences had me rolling for a good minute. My heart stops and the crunch noise sends shivers throughout my entire body.

My biggest phobia is spiders so I can completely empathize with your reaction and situation. Too many legs. Roaches and snakes are gross but spiders take the cake for creepiness. *shudders*
  • Thorneapple
    Thorneapple Posts: 154
    Options
    Spiders and centipedes freak me out. Also anything that flies and stings: Wasps, hornets, bees
  • Marcellus_08
    Marcellus_08 Posts: 253
    Options
    Spiders are one of my fears too.
    My biggest is the dark. I'm 22 and still use a nightlight. I don't like not being able to see everything around the room. I panic. For some reason I always think a killer is in my house haha.
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    Spiders pretty much are my archnemesis.. They make me freakin lose it! :sad:
  • Karleyyy
    Options
    Spiders are one of my fears too.
    My biggest is the dark. I'm 22 and still use a nightlight. I don't like not being able to see everything around the room. I panic. For some reason I always think a killer is in my house haha.

Same! I haven't slept in the complete dark in at least 5 years.
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm the spider-killer (or releaser) in my house. DH is afraid of them... go figure. What freaks me out is open water (lakes, rivers, oceans). I'm trying to get over that, as DH has a newly found love of kayaking, and I'd love to be able to kayak with him.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    SPIDERS!!!!
    Bees!!! (im afraid to kill them... if you kill one the bee can smell it and go after you. The bees leaves out a gas or some kind of smell... so when it get killed by a human and the other bees and smell they will chase you) Just like a Killer Bees but those are worst... >.<

*runs away*
  • FitFrenchGirl
    Options
    the dark!! I hate the dark:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad: and yes i sleep with a light on!! hehehe
  • Karleyyy
    Options
    I'm the spider-killer (or releaser) in my house. DH is afraid of them... go figure. What freaks me out is open water (lakes, rivers, oceans). I'm trying to get over that, as DH has a newly found love of kayaking, and I'd love to be able to kayak with him.

I am afraid of open water too, a little bit. It's the fact that I don't know whats under the surface.
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Ill take all of your guys spiders; just keep the snakes the hell away from me.
  • lobster888
    lobster888 Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Snakes are my all time biggest fear - freak out!!! So much so that I have panick attacks seeing them. They had one at a kids zoo birthday party (yeah who's idea is that?) and I had to leave the room. I was so freaked out I started sweating and hyperventalating!!!
    It's bad!!!!

But, I know where my fear comes from - when I was about 8 years old my two older cousins -(Boys) put a little garden snake down the back of my shirt - which was tucked in at the time!!!! Well ... it may have been very funny for them but not for me. I had all these little marks on my back for weeks. They don't really bite but the poor snake was as scared as me!!! I think it was actually like scatches and I had a reaction to it. I gotta go - feeling dizzy and sweating!!!!!!
  • Dbow0207
    Dbow0207 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Cockroaches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ewwww Gross!
  • writtenINthestars
    writtenINthestars Posts: 1,933 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree with you more on the spiders!!!! When I lived by myself I use to just drop phone books on spiders....then I'd trip over all the phone books scattered around my apartment.

Bwahahaha this made me laugh....a few coworkers and I were in the work room of one of our branches (I work for a commercial bank) and there was this god awful looking bug on the ceiling...with like a long horn like thing on it's head.....we all rushed to one side of the room and one of the girls brought in a chair and a giant phone book, climbed up on the chair and jumped off while throwing the book at the ceiling...all while doing a crazy Xena warrior cry. She then swears she saw it on the floor, threw the book on the floor and did a wrestling type of jump off the chair on the book....lifted the book and nothing.

I was laughing so hard I was in tears...but the funniest part was when I pulled up the security cameras and watched it in slow motion. Freakin hilarious....

Though the ceiling panel falling down wasn't hilarious...or the fact that we never did find a corpse....